Bryan's Little Corner

Welcome to Bryan's Little Corner 

Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Impromptu Dress Rehersal

Oh my, I had a lady try and snatch the shirt of my back. No kidding. I still got it.

Well not really. They were doing a dress rehearsal and she needed a large white mens dress shirt. I was the only one there with a shirt like that as I had to dash off from work, speed through rush hour, past CONSTRUCTION, wait on 5 red lights, get delayed by an accident, get delayed but a police car, a fire truck and two ambulances, oh and did I mention rush hour traffic? Miracle or miracles I was only 10 minutes late and did not miss my niece at all despite only having 90 minutes to cover 100 miles. Needless to say I did not have a chance to change from my work attire. And no I did not give up my shirt. Sorry but the world is not ready for that.

The pictures, best as I could tell all turned out well. None were as bad as the one I posted a few posts ago (Saturday) . What a difference some nice equipment and knowing how to use your equipment makes a difference. I will post a couple once I get a chance to look at them and sort them out after work. Oh and my niece was the best one in her routines and almost as good as the older gals. She does love her dance.

OK, quick update before heading into work. Of the 700+ pictures I took... 10 percent fell into the very nice category (of course there is always room for improvement)... just under 5 percent fell into the reject, mainly because of improper focus... of those only about 5 were actually deleted because they just did not have any redeeming qualities. Funny thing, the ones I consider reject or just automatically deleted, every one was better then the majority of pictures I took of dance recitals in the past. I love my camera!

Here is a teaser. I went a looking and found this cute picture from last night. I will post a few more after work.


21 Comments:
Blogger Little Wing said...

Hi Bryan, I got here from my new blogger friend, g-man.
I like your blog, you have a great sense of humor!
I have been bouncing thru blogs, and you people are a fun group!!!!!

May 31, 2007 1:30 AM  
Blogger Evalinn said...

Ah, some excuse she had. She was after U!

May 31, 2007 4:22 AM  
Blogger barman said...

Hi Littlewing, come back any time and do wander about. You will find that G-man has a lot of interesting people come visit, several of whom come here too. We do like to have fun. If it is not fun, who bother? Hope to see you around.

Evalinn, nice to see you too. You know, I keep telling myself it was all about me but somehow I just don't know I am convinced.

May 31, 2007 6:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It seems like whenever one is in a hurry that's when you run into all kinds of holdups in traffic.
Can't wait to see some pics.
tc

May 31, 2007 6:28 AM  
Blogger Just Jan said...

traffic sucks when you really need to be somewhere..(try living here...sheesh). Looking forward to seeing the photos.

May 31, 2007 6:32 AM  
Blogger SignGurl said...

Those little girls are absolutely adorable!

May 31, 2007 7:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How cuuute!

May 31, 2007 11:28 AM  
Blogger jillie said...

Those little girls are sooooo cute! I know what you mean by trying to beat the clock...EVERY thing seems to go wrong...ugh! But the important thing is you made it there and didn't miss a beat...well, ok, 10 min worth ain't bad.

;o))

May 31, 2007 11:50 AM  
Blogger lime said...

oh those 2 are some cutiepies! new toys are such fun aren't they?

May 31, 2007 2:19 PM  
Blogger BTExpress said...

Aw.........so adorable!

May 31, 2007 5:26 PM  
Blogger GAB said...

Oh my they are so cute! What was the song/dance routine? I went and checked out prices for photo shop and yeah its going to have to wait as Im more interested in getting new back door and new flooring first.

May 31, 2007 8:33 PM  
Blogger SIMPLY ME said...

Man, my heart melts looking at those two little sweethearts. What a perfect and precious pic. Are they twins? thanks for the big smile on my face!

May 31, 2007 9:09 PM  
Blogger Mimi Lenox said...

An invitation from Mimi…….To: Saturday Photo Hunters

Many bloggers will be flying Peace Globes in the blogosphere on Wednesday, June 6, 2007. It is BlogBlast for Peace day - the second annual event. Please consider using your blog voice and creative influence on this day to participate. The theme for June 2 is ART - perfect for creativity with a peace globe perhaps? You can find more information about the movement at Mimi Writes or BlogBlast for Peace. I wanted to make you aware of the event. I really enjoy looking at your photographs on Saturdays. I hope you can participate.
http://mimiwrites.blogspot.com or http://mimilenox.blogspot.com
Thanks and peace!
Mimi

June 01, 2007 2:57 PM  
Blogger jungle jane said...

*note to self: when molesting barman, go for his trousers first*

June 02, 2007 6:32 AM  
Blogger ann said...

can't wait to see more... the taster is delightful...

you're a good uncle schlepping 100 miles through thick and thin to see your adorable dancing niece

June 02, 2007 11:56 AM  
Blogger Spoony Quine said...

` That's kewl! Isn't it amazing how great nice cameras are?

June 02, 2007 12:49 PM  
Blogger Just Jan said...

so cute!!!

I tagged you.

June 02, 2007 11:25 PM  
Blogger Manny said...

This is simply adorable. Nice job Bryan.

June 03, 2007 9:21 PM  
Blogger PowersTwinB said...

Hi Bryan,
100 miles in 90 minutes? are you nuts? lol..in Michigan, where we have five seasons? (Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter and Construction Zone?)...I love the photo of the little girls in the recital! How adorable!

June 03, 2007 11:18 PM  
Blogger S said...

Aww those little girls are so cute!

;)

June 04, 2007 3:12 AM  
Blogger Little Wing said...

Barman, it really WAS about you......wink wink.....

June 06, 2007 10:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home