Bryan's Little Corner

Welcome to Bryan's Little Corner 

Monday, June 04, 2007

Dance Recital: The Conclusion

Here we have the final few pictures I will be posting from the dance recital. Now who could resist the graceful movements in ballet. This particular class was almost as good as the adult class. I very much enjoyed them despite the fact that I do not watch ballet.


OK, now this group was so smooth and graceful. They were a pleasure to watch. Maybe I am started to get into ballet... Oh, no... help me!

The tap dancer (in the center) was both cute and good. As a result I payed more attention to her than I realized. She also appears in the final picture I am posting.

There is just something about this picture I love. I suppose part of it is you usually do not get lighting like this in a theater environment. Usually they are all washed out. This instructor not only was good with teaching all the classes but she also did pretty good with the lighting, stage presence, etc. That and she put on the entire show and had us heading out in just over 2 hours. If you have ever been to a recital you will know how truly amazing that is.

Another fun picture. I like the crispness, the contrast... can I open my eyes now? I am getting better. In another 10 or 20 years I might even know what I am doing.

The pose, the lighting, and the class. They really did a nice job on this song. Lots of energy, somewhat together. You know, I just might have to come to next years show.


And there you have it. Some of the best pictures from dress rehearsal night. I hope I did not bore you to tears.

Tech Stuff, leave now before I put you to sleep. It is not to late...:

You have been warned!!!

Camera:
Canon Digital Rebel XT (would love to get a Canon Digital Rebel XTi also)

Lens:

Sigma Zoom Telephoto 70-200mm f/2.8 EX DG APO HSM Autofocus Lens for Canon EOS

Tamron 28-75 f2.8 XR Di LD IF Canon EOS Aspherical Zoom Lens (not used for these pictures)

Note the Sigma is considered a pro lens and the Tamron is a high quality lens. This is a large part of how I was able to take these pictures in the low light conditions.


Flash:

Speedlite 430EX (not used for these pictures but will be at the wedding)


This so replaces my Canon Ae1, A1, Sunpak 611, and 70-210 zoom. Did I mention I love to take pictures.

Anybody want to buy my old stuff?
14 Comments:
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fantastic pictures Bryan. You are really getting good at photography.
Pictures are nice and crisp and captures their movements perfectly.
It looks like this was a very well done recital.
tc

June 05, 2007 8:04 AM  
Blogger lime said...

you really caught some great shots there! really captured the fun and the movements. nicely done. thanks for sharing.

June 05, 2007 1:06 PM  
Blogger Crabby said...

Aw. these kiddos are soooo cute!

But YOU are still in trouble, ya brat.

You guys will NOT believe what came to me in the mail. I'm gonna lock him in a closet, I SWEAR! ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh ha ha ha ha ha!

June 05, 2007 4:16 PM  
Blogger Manny said...

Crab sent me to tie you up...or down. I forget.

June 05, 2007 8:35 PM  
Blogger barman said...

TC, she puts together a nice show for sure and thank you.

Lime there are some great moments going on for sure. It sure is hard trying to point at the right thing at the right time. I believe in the monkey, typewriter, and time theory. That is why I take so many pictures.

Cute just like you Crabs... you are not buying that are you? I thought you would like to receive something in the mail, honest.

Manny, might as well make it both. With that car of hers I can not run, she will find me and I will run out of gas before she does. I am so in trouble, aren't I?

June 05, 2007 8:48 PM  
Blogger Just Jan said...

you must know I'd love to buy all your old stuff....I just couldn't afford to. Maybe someday now that I'm working steady again I can save up and treat myself to nice equipment.

June 05, 2007 8:51 PM  
Blogger S said...

Um, Bryan?
If I show you the double purples, do I get a little chili pepper next to my blog name on your site?

Ha ha just kidding..but, really, I do want a chili pepper by my name, its sooo cute..or, could I have a little carrot or an apple? :P

June 06, 2007 9:44 AM  
Blogger S said...

And oh yeah, the dance pictures are great, and remind me of my childhood. I took ballet for 10 years and other various dance classes as well.
Its ok to like ballet, Barman
;)

June 06, 2007 9:45 AM  
Blogger barman said...

Jan my old equipment would not go for much anyway. I checked at one time to see what eBay said. Oh well.

S, funny think about the chili. It used to be that those sites were blocked so I could not visit at work not that I do much of that but... It was because the sites were marked as adult I believe. But anymore they are not blocked. Go figure. So how about you hold your purples (not post them) and I will see if I can get a nice carrot picture for next to your name. I found one but it is huge. How appropriate for you however.

S, that would make you one of my favorite ballet dancers for sure. Got to keep my niece in there however.

June 06, 2007 10:41 AM  
Blogger Denny Shane said...

great pics! you ya feel great when your pics turn out?

June 06, 2007 2:47 PM  
Blogger barman said...

Denny I tend to be very critical of anything I do. I really like the pictures I took but they could be even better. Still it is nice when they turn out like they did. I have much to learn but I am getting better.

June 06, 2007 2:56 PM  
Blogger BTExpress said...

Yes, you are getting really good at photography. Keep it up and maybe you have a new career ahead of you.

PS
Bet you didn't know I knew a photographic technical term like photography, did you. :-)

June 06, 2007 7:26 PM  
Blogger barman said...

Tony, I am never surprised about anything about you. I mean I have seen what a wizard you are with the repairs and what a master chef.

I hope I do not need a fall back but you never know. Work keeps threatening to downsize. Maybe I could make enough money so I could afford coffee and, on occasion, a bagel too. Thanks.

June 06, 2007 8:02 PM  
Blogger Little Wing said...

Bryan, those are such great pictures! I have a yoga studio and the little kids are my best students! They are so limber and they try so hard!
I did ballet also, it is so graceful! I love it!

June 06, 2007 10:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home