Bryan's Little Corner

Welcome to Bryan's Little Corner 

Monday, June 11, 2007

Shoe Day for the Barman

Yep, Saturday was shoe day. Actually if you look at it, it really was Friday and Saturday. I was suppose to post a picture for of shoes on Friday for Saturdays Photo Hunt and never did. Then Saturday I desperately needed some shoes. The shoes I have now are good for around the house but not so much for work. As luck would have it the shoes I needed were on sale. Finally I had to replace the rotor on my car on Saturday. It started to make some strange noise on Monday or Tuesday and finally the rotor just broke clean through on Friday. Ok, now granted this was not brake shoes but, had I not been gentle, stayed off the brakes as much as possible and not drive the car until I could get it in, I managed to avoid having to replace the more or less brand new brake shoes. So I kind of mark that in the shoe category too.

I also got to play plumber. I was not sure how I was going to take care of the water supply line as it was different fittings than I needed. I compression ends, it wanted some thing else. After checking I found out the kind of hose I was going to get for the supply line came with a 3/8 compression and ½ end on it. Perfect. So I got to play plumber this weekend too and replace a faucet. Maybe I should keep that going and see if there is any way to fix the leaking faucet around back of the house. I took my Dad's faucet apart and it looked like I should be able to replace an O ring. Maybe that will be the case for me. Time to get brave and turn the main water valve off for the house and see what I can see.

If you do not see me for a little while, could you please send a life raft after me, please.


I thought I would close this real short post with a cute email I received. It was entitled "How men use post-it notes." I hope you enjoy.

13 Comments:
Blogger Little Wing said...

Writing on a post it note..keep life raft handy for barman......

June 11, 2007 1:29 PM  
Blogger GAB said...

lol I was going to say something but I changed my mind.

June 11, 2007 2:37 PM  
Blogger barman said...

Littlewing, we will see after work tonight. It could be fun. If you notice a loss of water pressure about 3:00 PM or so, that could be me.

Oh go on Gab, you know you want to say it. I was thinking that "Jane" should replace the post-it with this one... "You're Screwed". What you think?

June 11, 2007 3:16 PM  
Blogger jungle jane said...

Heyyyyyyyyyyyyy! how did you get my picture???

June 11, 2007 6:09 PM  
Blogger Denny Shane said...

hey barman... I remember those days fixing those things. Now I live the days of luxurysince I live in an Apt. lol

I that pic of Jane naked came to me by accident.

June 11, 2007 6:39 PM  
Blogger SignGurl said...

Ha! Mr. Sign could use post its for foreheads. He didn't remember my name until the 3rd date.

June 11, 2007 6:45 PM  
Blogger barman said...

JJ, it was from the other night. Don't you remember? Oh wait, I bet that was a dream on my part. :)

Denny I fix some things and allow someone else the thrill of fixing thing. I like to make people feel good about themselves. An if you believe that one...

Sign that would not be good. And he was real interested in you, just did not know your name. How about some industrial strength ones for anything in his future not in bed but... you have to be prepared.

I am terrible about names myself. I had someone that I really wanted to remember her name and just could not. I finally remembered her name because of her and her boyfriend. His name (that I knew) was Nick, hers was Mallory. Do you remember the series Family Ties. The oldest daughter, Mallory, was going out with Nick. Sad but true... memory games.

June 11, 2007 6:55 PM  
Blogger BTExpress said...

LMAO!! Love the pic!

June 11, 2007 7:38 PM  
Blogger Queenie said...

That really made me giggle!!

June 12, 2007 6:07 AM  
Blogger barman said...

Tony, some times I really wish I could do that.

Queenie, it was amuzing. Boy would he get in trouble however.

June 12, 2007 9:01 AM  
Blogger jillie said...

Now that is a funny picture!

June 12, 2007 7:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I turned the main valve off to change some rings in the faucet handles and after I was done the main valve started leaking.
It never ends, does it?
tc

June 12, 2007 7:27 PM  
Blogger barman said...

Jillie I thought it was cute. You have to write their name quick in case you forget before you write it down. Hey You does not work very well at all.

TC, that is so true. When I turned off the water to replace the faucet the valve under the sink started to leak a little. That is it... no more water in the house. Good think I have two faucets outside. I wonder if I can hook the dishwasher up next to one of the outside faucets?

June 12, 2007 11:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home