Bryan's Little Corner

Welcome to Bryan's Little Corner 

Thursday, June 21, 2007

MIS NASCAR pictures - Part 1

I could not believe it. I filled up my hard drive. It is huge but I managed to fill it up. That and I had to take away the blue tint so ... at last, a few pictures from NASCAR. Lets start out with a '57 Chevy I believe. I had to take a picture of this car as I really love it. That and I was born the same year. Why is it the car is a classic, I am just an old fart?


Now these two I just had to take. They went together well. They were on one of the many trailers containing merchandise that you just needed to have.


One for G-man, Lime, LittleWing, MilkMaid and who ever else I may have missed. It looked more impressive in person.


This one was for me ... or was that Tony ... maybe G-man too. Hummmm! Just racing merchandise, honest!


And here is about the best picture I took of the really drunk guy. I am afraid I had the camera set real wrong so I had a hard time fixing it. Something about shooting in bright sunlight at ASA 1600. Stupid, stupid, stupid. Notice the beer keg on the head, the big beads, and the beer can in the right hand (it is hard to see). You can not tell how wasted he is in this picture but believe me, he was.


OK, I had to toss this in. It over looks the area outside the gates into the actual race. So why did I include it??? If you look on the right hand side, just above half way up, you see something green/blue. Those would be the porta-pits. I did not take a picture of them on purpose, it just happened to show up when I looked at what I had.



Here is part of the lineup. It shows what the trucks look like, the pit crews lined up, and part of the Michigan International Speedway (the place where the race was held) sign.


Here is the B 17 bomber. If you look at it, the propellers are not moving. How do you think the plane stayed up? Also, if you look close enough, the bomber doors are open.



Later I will pick up where I left off.

Labels: ,

7 Comments:
Blogger Queenie said...

Great post, come on how is that Bomber staying up there, or is it????

June 21, 2007 1:44 AM  
Blogger barman said...

Queenie, it is just magic!

Actually it was a bright day and I had the lens wide open and the film speed (although it actually is a digital camera) set real high. That means the camera was open for such a short moment that the blades did not have a chance to turn while the camera took the picture. I did not know that was possible as those blades are turning fast. See something new every day.

June 21, 2007 1:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

cool pictures Bryan. I love the 57 Chevy and old bombers.
Yes I can tell the dork is drunk.lol
tc

June 21, 2007 8:15 AM  
Blogger Queenie said...

Amazing!!

June 21, 2007 8:45 AM  
Blogger S said...

Looks like you had a lot of fun, Bryan, great pics!

Now, I came over here to tell you Barman, that I cannot cut my grass because it is about 100 acres. We arent talking about a postage stamp lawn here.....
We manage to take down about 50 feet around the perimeter of the house...we've killed numerous lawnmowers, tractors and weed wackers.....
Accchhhhooooooooooo! Have a lovely day!

June 21, 2007 10:46 AM  
Blogger barman said...

Top Cat, I think he was having a fun time. As long as he was still having a fun time the next day, maybe he has the right idea.

Queenie, I was rather amazed the drunk could stay standing. I was also amazed I found the portable restrooms. I am easily amazed.

June 21, 2007 10:47 AM  
Blogger barman said...

S I was just giving you a hard time. At least I did not say you were peeing...

June 21, 2007 10:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home