Bryan's Little Corner

Welcome to Bryan's Little Corner 

Friday, June 29, 2007

55Flash Fiction Friday

Today is his last day of freedom. He must cherish his moments. Tonight will be the night he will always remember or is that a night he wishes he could forget? Time to live his life to the fullest extent as tomorrow, with the two simple words, “I do”, he will become a married man.



This is a 55Flash Fiction. A small group of us try and post one every Friday. If you would like to know what it is all about see the link on my sidebar. It is not that hard as it is only a 55 word short story you are putting together. No one will yell at you if you fall short a few words or spill over. Consider giving it a try.


I will be heading down to Kentucky. My best friends Son is getting married tomorrow. Tonight is the rehearsal and who knows what else. And no, in the 55 above I am not saying getting married is a bad thing. I think it is just traditional to tease someone about it. Probably not a good idea as more than one person has bolted from weddings in the past, but not these two.

I am looking forward to the two of them getting married.

First because I get to use my nice shinny camera equipment and see how everything works. Second, and more important, I have been around Nick all his life, 1 week at a time, and have watched him grow up from his Mom being pregnant with him through to graduation from college and now him getting married. He is a wonderful individual and I so look forward to his future in music education where ever he ends up. He has had a passion for music for some time now and this will be wonderful to see where he takes that. I know his students are going to love him.

Finally, and this is going to sound real weird, I have been accepted in as if I am family with my friends. I have been Uncle Bryan forever. Only once did they ask if I was really their Uncle and I said No but if they wanted to continue to consider me their Uncle or even if they would rather not, either would be fine. Well I am proud to say I am still Uncle Bryan.

Anyway one thing happened. The very first time I met Mallorie, his wife to be but only girlfriend at the time, she welcomed me in so warmly. That meant a ton to me because, like I say, I am not really family. She certainly did not have to do that. She won me over in that very instant and I have enjoyed getting to know her ever since. *wipes tears from eyes* Sorry, must have gotten something in my eyes.

So I will be gone and busy the next several days until I return Sunday night. I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend. Oh and one more thought. Can’t we all get along? I mean Texas, you are getting all that rain you do not need. Can’t you share some with California to help with the fires? I mean really, you think you would just do that on your own. :)

Labels:

25 Comments:
Blogger snowelf said...

Awww! A truly heartfelt 55 Barman! So sweet!

My best friends are ALL Aunts and Uncles to my chilis and I will be to theirs as well. Right now, I just get to be an Aunt to a puppy and a parrot.

Congratulations!!

--snow

June 29, 2007 9:53 AM  
Blogger javajazz said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ON SUNDAY JULY 1ST BARMAN!!!

(there, i remembered something!)

hope you get a chance to celebrate while you're away and have a wonderful happy birthday.
we'll celebrate for you here in blogland!
xo lisa

June 29, 2007 9:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey I get to beneath lisa..heh heh
A little canadian bird reminded me it's your birthdy so.....HAPPY BIRTHDAY SUNDAY BRYAN!
Tc

June 29, 2007 10:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I need to start previewing before I publish....naw!

June 29, 2007 10:46 AM  
Blogger Cooper said...

ahhhh.....horror fiction...good, good...

June 29, 2007 10:58 AM  
Blogger javajazz said...

its okay sweet Cat..
not only did i understand
what you said,
i loved it!!
(wink!) xo
and Barman will too...
(well, not the part about being...
oh nevermind....you know what
i mean...!)

June 29, 2007 10:58 AM  
Blogger javajazz said...

and by the way, Barman,
it is an honour to be Uncle Bryan
because it indicates that you really are
a very cherished part of that family.
when we were kids, we called some of
my parents friends Aunt and Uncle,
who were in no way related to us,
but these were the people we saw
over at the house a lot, people
we knew were much closer to our parents
and hence, more like relatives than even
some relatives were!
so it probably means as much to them
that you will be there at this precious
occasion as it will to you....
enjoy! xo

June 29, 2007 11:04 AM  
Blogger S said...

Excellent 55..I borught the shotgun!
Have a wonderful time at the wedding, and that is so cool that you feel so close there!

And you werent late for 55..55 starts on Friday morning NOT Thursday night but the ambitious Galen, and that time difference thing....so ya know, we ar gonna have to ask him to post that 55 on Friday morning NOT Thursday night which is still HNT!
Ya hear that Gman?

June 29, 2007 11:46 AM  
Blogger S said...

I mean sheesh I just woke up!

June 29, 2007 11:46 AM  
Blogger SignGurl said...

I love the 55!! So true.

Have a great birthday weekend!!!

June 29, 2007 2:00 PM  
Blogger tsduff said...

Hope you have a great birthday turning the big 50... it just happens, ya know?

June 29, 2007 2:11 PM  
Blogger Snow White said...

Hey, I'd love to send some of our rain to Calif. Goodness knows we've had plenty of it this year, which is quite the opposite of last summer! I guess it IS true what they say... everything's bigger in Texas! LOL

Loved the 55 post. Have a blast this weekend, and Happy B-day, too!

June 29, 2007 3:41 PM  
Blogger cathy said...

It could be worse, he could be a woman, LOL. Enjoy the wedding.

June 29, 2007 8:05 PM  
Blogger SIMPLY ME said...

safe travels, and take a pic of yourself enjoying the festivities, I wanna see a great big smile!

June 29, 2007 9:29 PM  
Blogger lime said...

have a wonderful trip, enjoy the wedding and have a VERY happy birthday!

i'm so glad yo uhave such special people in your life. :)

June 29, 2007 11:40 PM  
Blogger Mona said...

BRYAN! I come to wish you a happy Birthday & you run off!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU BRYAN!!

May you have many many more happy ones!

& I love the 55. I played too!

June 30, 2007 12:46 PM  
Blogger Just Jan said...

Since I'm a day late reading this, I sure hope you're having a great tiem in Kentucky. I also see it's your birthday tomorrow!!!! So HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! Hope it's a great day for you.

June 30, 2007 4:22 PM  
Blogger Queenie said...

We have plenty of rain here in the UK, how much do you want.
Hope you have a great weekend and I'm looking forward to the photos.
Isn't it fab when you become someones uncle/aunt just for being YOU, just knowing you from your blog they are lucky also.....

June 30, 2007 4:46 PM  
Blogger Charles said...

Happy Birthday! The birds are singing, telling about your birthday.
May this be the happiest yet, but not the happiest you'll have.

July 01, 2007 1:08 AM  
Blogger javajazz said...

Happy Birthday sweet Barman,
Happy Birthday to you!
hope you're having a special wonderful day!
xoxo lisa

July 01, 2007 10:15 AM  
Blogger Cha Cha said...

happy birthday barman!

July 01, 2007 1:11 PM  
Blogger GAB said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU
HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAR BRYAN
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TOOOOOOOO YOUUUUUUUU!
AND MANY MORE.
hope you had a awesome day.

July 01, 2007 2:37 PM  
Blogger jillie said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!!!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!!!!

I hope all of your birthday wishes come true...be sure you blow out ALL of the candles...

;o))

July 01, 2007 5:51 PM  
Blogger SignGurl said...

Happy Birthday!!! We must go and celebrate this week!

July 01, 2007 6:31 PM  
Blogger barman said...

Thank you everyone, you are the best. I did have a very nice weekend and day today on my birthday. I will share once I get come sleep. I am wiped out. Something about 14 hours of driving, passing through 4 states, never making it to bed before midnight... I just need to catch a few z's. Hopefully back in the morning.

July 01, 2007 11:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home