Bryan's Little Corner

Welcome to Bryan's Little Corner 

Monday, July 02, 2007

I Love Lucy

What fun yesterday was and I want to say thank you so much to everyone. It really means a lot that you all helped me celebrate my golden anniversary, being on this earth for 50 years.


It was a most unusual day but also superb. Getting to visit with friends and family (although no family yesterday) is always high on my list. Add to that being able to take two wonderful trips where I got to take in all the scenery as the miles just ticked away, never once getting lost even though most of the trip I was in virgin territory. Driving along in my minivan is not exactly a motorcycle or a convertible but I still had a fun time. Besides, I could just pretend I was in my car from years gone by, my Chrysler Laser with the lovely t-roof. Of course the t-roof would be stowed in it's bags and in the trunk for safe keeping. Ahhh, you know I am starting to enjoy my trip even more after the fact. Maybe I should picture the convertible next... lol

I will post more later when I have a few moments. I was so tired this morning that I over slept and need to dash into work.

Thanks again everyone. You rock, you made my day.

Update: OMG, they decorated my cubbie at work. I almost can't get to my computer to get anything done. But blogging of course... I will see if I can get ahold of a few pictures they took for me of the aftermath.


And now here is their handy work...

Now give me a break here, it was casual day and all.


Believe it or not, there is an office burried in there somewhere...



Oh boy, I always wanted a door to my cubicle...



And one final thing, the white board. I just want to know who has such good handwriting on a white board? Simply amazing.

18 Comments:
Blogger GAB said...

glad you had a great time. Again Happy 50th!

July 02, 2007 12:17 PM  
Blogger lime said...

so glad it was a special day for you. and yoru coworkers sound liek a fun bunch too. hehehehe.

July 02, 2007 12:27 PM  
Blogger John C. Goacher said...

Happy Birthday Bryan,

now you know how it feels when all those black balloons block your way to your desk. Paybacks are hell aren't they? I just wish I had been there so I could have been involved.

Stay sober.

John

July 02, 2007 4:17 PM  
Blogger barman said...

Thank you Gab. I had all but forgot about the birthday but people keep reminding me. Oh well, it has went well so far.

Lime, they are an interesting crew, that is for sure. I think I already have ideas for a fellow coworker that turns 50 later this year... hehehehe

Gogo, I sure they would have loved the help. The question is could you have blown any of the ballons up and not hyperventilated? Remember, we celebrated your 50th when you were 40 so turn about was fair and we celebrated yout 40th when you where 50. Crazy VanAcher.

July 02, 2007 4:59 PM  
Blogger Crabby said...

GASP! didn't see family? What the heck am I buddy? You're officially adopted, remember?

PS. Lucy misses you.

July 02, 2007 5:22 PM  
Blogger barman said...

Lucy, what a loveable dog. Opps, I had not mentioned who I went to vist. Looks like the cat is out of the bag. Of course that is a good thing cause the cat didn't belong on that bag anyway!

July 02, 2007 5:54 PM  
Blogger BTExpress said...

HOLY CRAP!!! Your so frigging old now!!!! Happy Birthday kid!

Yes I'm older, but so what? ;-)

July 02, 2007 6:09 PM  
Blogger SignGurl said...

That was so cool!!!

You get to celebrate your 50th birthday for at least a week.

July 02, 2007 6:16 PM  
Blogger barman said...

Toney I would never pick on you as old. Your not old, you are just prematurely grey. I think age is in your head. Sure you may feel an ache or a pain but as long as you get out and do things. I do not think anyway one would think of you are old. Thank you Tony for the grin.

Sign, My celebrating started a little after midnight early Sunday morning and went through most of the day on Sunday. Who could ask for more. All week, yikes that might just kill me. But then...

July 02, 2007 7:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your office cube looks awesome Bryan, they really showed how much they care for you.
Glad you had a good one, Happy Birthday again bro.
tc

July 02, 2007 7:32 PM  
Blogger ell said...

happy birthday bryan! looks like you had a great day...you deserve it!

July 02, 2007 9:00 PM  
Blogger barman said...

Ell, day two of my birthday went very well. I had my cube decorated, deserts everywhere and some chips and things, and I was taken out to lunch by my two bosses. I would say it was a pretty good day. Thank you Ell.

July 02, 2007 9:23 PM  
Blogger snowelf said...

Holy Balloons Batman!!!

Happiest of Birthdays!!

(My mom is turning 50 this year and we are gonna get her good!)
:)

--snow

July 02, 2007 9:36 PM  
Blogger Walker said...

Stopped in to wish you a Happy Birthday and may you have many many more to come.

July 03, 2007 12:59 AM  
Blogger barman said...

Snowelf I am sure your Mom will feel the love. I have already started to think of what we can do for this other fellow I work with who will also turn 50 this year. hehehehehe

Walker, thank you so much. Everyone has been so super for me that it really have been a nice year. I appreciate the well wishes.

July 03, 2007 6:16 AM  
Blogger Crabby said...

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HA HA HA! They did a NICE job. At first I thought those were bowling balls and I was totally in awe of your co-workers.

Ya think maybe they like you or something?

That is soooo a girls handwriting on that white board. You can tell.

July 03, 2007 7:21 AM  
Blogger ohc said...

Hey! Wow...that was a lot of black balloons! OMG! What a great day you must have had! You look faboo!
Happy Happy Birthday! Hugs....

July 06, 2007 11:33 PM  
Blogger Paul B said...

Sounds like you had fun, Bryan, and your co-workers think a lot of you. I wish we could have spent more time celebrating while you were down for the wedding.

Shall we experience some KY burgoo in September?

July 08, 2007 4:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home