Bryan's Little Corner

Welcome to Bryan's Little Corner 

Friday, January 09, 2009

55Flash Fiction Friday

Here is a brochure for a trip to India
and another for Trinidad
Hong Kong
Bangkok
South Africa
Australia

Cruses to the Bahamas
Alaska
British Virgin Isles
French Riviera
Cayman Islands

So many brochures
So little time
To bad you’re
the travel agent
and won’t be taking
any of these trips
except in you mind

The above was a simple 55 Flash Fiction Friday. Others do much better with their exercise. It really is pretty simple. Just pick a subject, have at least one character and put down 55 words on paper. It may seem hard but once you get started you will find it is actually pretty fun. Once you have participated be sure to visit G-Man to tell him you participated so other may come and see you 55.

Yesterday was a little strange. I had a meeting at 1:00 PM and a install on a computer at 2:00 or 2:30 PM. So what happened? My 2:00 was moved to Noon which (I thought) I was barely able to get that done before my meeting. I flew out to the meeting and ... the door was locked. I knocked and knocked, no answer. Finally it clicked, I had my Blackberry with me and the information I needed so I called the office ... no answer. Then I was in the process of trying to leave an email saying I was here, where were you and I had an incoming call. I did not recognize the phone number so I ignored it so I could finish the email... now I have a new voice mail. So I decide to check the voice mail. Somehow I turn on the speaker phone and is it loud. Then I see this strange green dot on the screen and ... the phone rings AGAIN. I am not so sure I like my Blackberry anymore.

In the end I was able to finally send my email and head back to the office when no one answered the door. I contacted the person and they said that everyone decided to go out and buy the boss a gift... what about sending me an email or calling me to tell me the meeting was canceled? I also got rid of the voice mail and found the person trying to contact me from back at work had a question because my install had not finished all the way.

Yep, I am not so sure about this Blackberry now. Of course if I was better at using it...

SNUGGLE ALERT

It appears that here in Michigan we will be having morning lows below ZERO (that is -18 for anyone on Celsius) at least next week. I wonder if it is to late to go find a girlfriend? I don't know about you but that is just way to cold for me. Perhaps it is time for me to take one of those about trips.

OK, slightly funny story. Last night I had my hair cut. On the return trip two things happened. My heater actually started to work. I am not sure why. I was just about to take the car in to get it looked at and here it is working. The second thing I kept hearing what sounded like rocks hitting my car. I thought I was hitting something on the road and kicking up into my vehicle. But what did not make sense was the sound was coming from the middle of my car. I saw other cars near me and I assumed they were throwing up rocks so I backed off. With no cars around me and nothing in the road I was still hearing all the noise.

When I got home I opened up the back door and found ... I had a bunch of empty pop bottles that I had intended to take back to the store but forgot it was there. I think what was happening was they were very cold and expanding because of all the heat I was FINALLY seeing in my car. Needless to say I will be turning those bottles in after work today.

I hope you had a more interesting day yesterday and wish you all a nice weekend.

Labels:

4 Comments:
Blogger Akelamalu said...

I know a couple of travel agents and they get all the best deals for themselves Bryan! Great 55. :)

January 09, 2009 12:44 PM  
Blogger lime said...

trinidad....sigh....yes, please.

yeah, i got stuck....

January 09, 2009 3:04 PM  
Blogger Mona said...

LOl! that is quite some twist!

I guess to be a travel agent must feel same as being a cashier in the bank... to have so much money in hand! :D

January 10, 2009 12:29 AM  
Blogger G-Man said...

Where was I on Friday?
Did you tell me you had done a 55?

I travel a lot in my mind also, I'd like more people to see how good you are at this, so make sure you don't forget to tell me about doing one OK?

Thanks for playing anyway, Great Job...G

January 13, 2009 7:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home