Bryan's Little Corner

Welcome to Bryan's Little Corner 

Monday, December 08, 2008

Natures Game of Chicken

This is how I spent a half hour Saturday morning...

Natures Game of Chicken


Saturday morning I woke up early and decided to get on the computer and see what all was going on. After a while I looked out my large window and saw the bird of pray you see in the picture above (about in the center). I was rather fascinated trying to figure out what it was but then the fun happened.

There was a squirrel that was wandering through the trees and it discovered the bird. It then disappeared for a few minutes and reappeared about 5 feet away from the bird. The squirrel then headed off in several different directions but kept returning to check out the bird. Of course the whole time the bird kept it's eyes on the squirrel.

Finally the squirrel disappeared and went up several branches to where you see in this picture (top a little over a third of the way from the left).

I snapped this picture and then went for my good camera only to come back and discover the bird and squirrel were both gone.

It seems to me the squirrel was a little touched in the head because I think that bird could have done some real damage to Mr Squirrel.

Well that was an exciting 30 minutes on Saturday morning.
8 Comments:
Blogger lime said...

wow! that is so amazing! what a terrific shot. your patience definitely paid off.

December 08, 2008 9:20 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I think the squirrel wasnon compos mentis! Also, I suspect the bird wasn’t hungry!

December 08, 2008 9:56 AM  
Blogger barman said...

I wish it would have been better Lime but you know it was kind of fun just watching the game play out. I sure am glad I had my point and shoot handy to get this picture.

Wow, Latin. Thank you Nick. Growing up Catholic I never studied Latin but we had parts of mass said in Latin. I have an appreciation for the language and all it contributes to our language. Yes, I think the squirrel was a little squirrely for sure. If that bird is what I think it is, they have some mighty sharp tallens. Yikes. It must have been full.

December 08, 2008 10:08 AM  
Blogger GAB said...

Wow that is just so darn cute. And to think that the squirrel could get that close. again WOW

December 08, 2008 3:19 PM  
Blogger barman said...

I guess the bird already had it's breakfast and it was not yet time for lunch. Lucky squirrel.

Funny, when I first saw the bird it was dark out and I could not even tell it was a bird. Then I saw what looked lie ears and it moved a little. Finally I decided it was a bird. Such fun.

December 08, 2008 3:37 PM  
Blogger KJ said...

That really is a good shot.

Time well spent

December 09, 2008 6:27 AM  
Blogger barman said...

Thank you KJ.

December 09, 2008 8:21 AM  
Blogger ohc said...

WOW! Bryan! It's moments like that...ya know? What a fantastic photo! WOW!I was glad to see some snow there!

I hope it shows up here soon...
Oh, yeah...did you howl? ;)

December 14, 2008 8:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home