Bryan's Little Corner

Welcome to Bryan's Little Corner 

Friday, November 14, 2008

Finished Planting Beds

Here are my finished beds. It took me a little while to finish off everything. Now I wait for spring to pack the soil down a little, add the mulch and add some annuals to get some fun color.

First my bed on the left along the house.

11  Finished Bed on East of House

Both my beds on the left side of the house.

12  Finished East Side Planters

The front planting bed. I need to find something to add to the bed next year. It needs to tolerate shade.

13  Front Planting Bed

A different angle of left side of the front planting bed.

14  Left Side of the Front Planting Bed

And the right side.

15  Right Side of Planting Beds

A different view of the front planting bed.

16  A Different View of Front Planting Bed

The right planting bed.

17  Finished Right Planting Bed

A different view of the right planting bed.

18  Different View of Right Planting Bed

I know this is boring. It is just a bunch of dirt but it was a lot of work. Also for a change I am finally starting to put in some landscape. I look forward to see how the right planting bed turns out. Well that and once I add the red mulch next year I hope things will be looking sharp.

No flash fiction 55 today as I have been busy getting things ready to go out of town this weekend. Have a great weekend everyone.
9 Comments:
Blogger Zephyr said...

Wow, that many beds IS a ton of work!

For your shady beds, get a variety of hostas. They provide great foliage in numerous sizes & colors, along with their flowers (either purple or white at varying times of the year). They provide a great contrast to shade-loving annuals.

If you want other tips on perennials, just ask... they're a big hobby of mine. I don't know much about annuals, but I've got a ton of perennials! :)

November 14, 2008 9:59 AM  
Blogger barman said...

Thank you Lara. That would be super.

My goal would be to have mostley perennials in the end. The annuals were just something to fill in until I knew what I wanted to do.

The beds were a ton of work but I think I have finally survived. Now I only need to make sure I care for all this wonderful space next year.

November 14, 2008 10:16 AM  
Blogger Deb said...

Wow, I love to plant, but this entire job looks like you've worked your butt off! I remember helping my parents' with their planting beds and filling it up with soil and raking, etc...and my back was killing me for days. Great job! I can't wait to see the results when the beautiful flowers start pouring in!

November 14, 2008 10:39 AM  
Blogger barman said...

Well Deb, the hard part is done. Help me with the planting ... pretty please. LOL Hey, I had to try.

November 14, 2008 2:38 PM  
Blogger GAB said...

First Have a good and safe weekend.
I too had thought that the beds that have shade to plant Hostas they need very little care. Other plants in any other spot would be tulips,day lilys,iris's, glads. Although I understand that glads have to be dug up in the winter and replanted in spring.

November 14, 2008 9:32 PM  
Blogger Cha Cha said...

This is NOT boring, Bardude.

I think it's great and it takes so much love and care and your efforts really show in your immaculate presentation.

I especially enjoyed the little tufts of bush.

Oh, I guess those are trees.

=P

I hope you have a fantabulous weekend, Mr. Barman.

Be well. Have fun. Enjoy yourself. Kick back after all your hard work this week.

YOU DESERVE IT.

xo, Bryan.

!!

November 15, 2008 1:22 AM  
Blogger lime said...

i have some bulbs that need to go in. wanna come do that for me?

November 15, 2008 9:21 AM  
Blogger KJ said...

Hope you had a great weekend and Happy Monday!!

November 17, 2008 6:47 AM  
Blogger barman said...

Gab, hostas are sounding promising. I love that they all go away for the winter and that they take up a fair amount of space.

Thank you Strumpie but I should have cleaned the cement and trimmed the grass to help with the presentation but I was running out of time. I did have a great time, thank you so much.

Lime, as long as you do not make me move a lot of earth, I am game. I just hope you have better weather then we do.

Thank you KJ. The weekends was real nice but way to short. I hope you had a great Monday too.

November 17, 2008 4:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home