Bryan's Little Corner

Welcome to Bryan's Little Corner 

Tuesday, October 28, 2008

17th Annual Halloween Costume Contest for Dogs

On Friday October 24, 2008 they held the 17th annual Halloween Costume Contest for Dogs. It was my first one I ever attended. I really enjoyed it. The dogs were all well behaved. I only heard a couple of possible scuffles that were killed right away. As a general hole the dogs all got along well, tolerated the costumes, and loved their owners.

The sponsors were super. Sir Pizza donated their lot to hold the contest in and was feeding the people all the hot choclate you could drink. Hey it was damp and wet. A1 Rental donated a huge tent and the lights so no one had to be drowned as it was a very wet day. There were plenty of pet companies that were sponsors who gave prizes to the people that entered and to the winners. In the end I think I was not the only one that had a fun evening.

Here are just a few pictures of some of the dogs in costumes. If you would like to see more, check out my set in Flickr.

The Flasher

The Flasher - Back Side

The Cow

Cow

Octopus's Garden (took first place)

Octopus's Garden

We Love Our Dogs

We Love Our Dogs

McCain (on left) and Obama - not sure I see it however

McCain and Obama

And there you have it. If you would like to see a few more pictures then check out the link at the top to my flickr set.
16 Comments:
Blogger ell said...

LOL! i bet that dog in the first picture is never speaking to his owner again!!

October 28, 2008 2:05 PM  
Blogger barman said...

Ell, can you imagine. Next time goes to hang out with his buds he is going to never live it down.

October 28, 2008 2:25 PM  
Blogger S said...

My vote goes for the Octodog!

October 28, 2008 9:49 PM  
Blogger barman said...

Susie I kind of like the little pile of leaves I did not show but, yes I love the Octodog too.

October 28, 2008 9:53 PM  
Blogger Cha Cha said...

Ohhhh!

Octopus's Garden is SO great!!!!

I bought a little blue stuffed animal octopus when I was in Florida over Spring Break.

I named him Bluto.

And he is also great.

Thanks for stoppin' by my place now that I'm back in action.

I really loved all your comments.

They made me smile and smile.

You are so great too, Barman.

xoxo

:)

October 29, 2008 12:01 PM  
Blogger S said...

Thanks for not revealing the quote. Yes I have used the linguine quote before, amazing that you found it elsewhere by me!

It's from one of my all time favourite films!

I think Gman will get it soon....
:)

October 29, 2008 12:16 PM  
Blogger barman said...

Strumpie ... glad to see you. I had a little Octopus once upon a time (late 90s). Some friends deemed it was jynxing the Detroit Redwings Hockey team so they took it and turned it into a chew toy for their dogs. I never recovered from the trama. :) I do not always know what to say when I visit but I do try. Glad you get a smile sometimes. You my dear are the great one, at least I think so.

Susie I would not do that to you. I want you to have fun. I would imagine G will be around soon or after work and then, yep he will know it for sure. I could not believe it popped up when I did the search. It showed your current post (twice) and the old comment. You are somebody!

October 29, 2008 2:51 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I suppose no one asked the dogs their feelings about playing dress-up.

October 29, 2008 3:51 PM  
Blogger barman said...

Nick I think not. But dogs love to please their masters. There were a couple of dogs that I do not think we happy however. Good thing it was not Alex because I assume he would not put up with that nonsense. Then again this is a dog only event to try and keep the peace.

October 29, 2008 4:49 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

You are right, Bryan. Dogs are such wusses compared to cats! Alex would shred my hands and arms if I tried to dress him like that

October 29, 2008 4:53 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

October 30, 2008 6:31 AM  
Blogger SignGurl said...

I think I know what I'm doing next year when it comes to the dog costume contest. This looks like a blast! I remember when it first started, it was always in the morning at the radio station. It was pretty small then. My how times change.

October 31, 2008 7:59 AM  
Blogger Mona said...

Lol! Great Halloween costumes Bryan! :D

October 31, 2008 2:08 PM  
Blogger S said...

Hi Bryan!
Its rainin cats and dogs today. A good time to do some blogging. Now, I don't recall how long I've known you, but I have already done the giant pumpkin/tiny Susie thing and I will post it just for you to see!

This will be one of my giant pumpkins that I grow every year. This year, however, the gophers won bad. All I got were 4 little gourds. The rest they ate. Next year I am aiming for a 50 pound pumpkin...my record is just 32 pounds, as the gophers are so persistent that I have grow one pumpkin plant in a bathtub outside.....

ANyway have a lovely day and stop over later to see the post just for you!

November 01, 2008 1:39 PM  
Blogger Cha Cha said...

Awwwww, Barman.

You are so sweet.

And I think I want a little octopus as a pet now.

I DEFINITELY would not have recovered from the trauma of my friends stealing my beloved octo-friend and feeding it to their dogs.

My goodness!

November 01, 2008 8:31 PM  
Blogger Glennis said...

Very amusing. Lots of fun for owners if not the doggies!

November 04, 2008 12:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home