Bryan's Little Corner

Welcome to Bryan's Little Corner 

Thursday, October 09, 2008

55Flash Fiction Friday (part 2)

Continued from last week...

It has been over a week,
time to trap the thief.

You do one load of laundry
and place it in the dryer.
The other load is placed
in the washer and you noisily
go back to your apartment
only to sneak back down and
hide in the corner of
the laundry room and wait.

Yesterday I had and awesome time. I met Sign Gurl at her favorite spot and she showed me around the trails. Now I knew the place I was going to had something like a mile and a half track around it. That was incredible in itself. But now I found out that the trail system was much larger than I ever knew about. First there was a series of trails that was already there. But then I found out they recently extended the trail to allow it to connect into a 8 mile trail system.

OK, I am out of shape so we did not make it a real long ways but I was really impressed with what I did see. I even got to see the location of some of Sign Gurls previous posts, It is so amazing that they would put together such a wonderful trail system for all to enjoy. I think that means I need to make a whole bunch more visits and get in some exploring time. Oh, one thing however... I saw a ton of wild life. Yep, there were mosquitoes everywhere. I should have know better as the other times I have been there they were out. What did I expect as the other times I was there I got ate alive. One of these days I will remember and bring spray.

Let me tell you, even though I am sure my legs are killing me today, it was so worth it. Thank you so much Sign and thank you for dinner afterwards. What a most enjoyable evening. And one more thing, Sign is every bit as lovely as she is in the photos. I can not believe how much change I see in her face. I always thought she was pretty seeing her in person now... incredible.

The above was a 55Flash Fiction Friday. If you are interested in attempting to write a 55, you can visit here to learn about it. Then tell G-Man you played this week.

Have a wonderful weekend everyone.

Labels:

15 Comments:
Blogger SignGurl said...

Aww...you are too kind to me! You need to give yourself credit. We walked easily over 3.5 miles, maybe even 4. You did great! I'm so excited that I got to share this beautiful place with you. Now you are hooked!

Nice 55, serial, btw!

October 09, 2008 11:27 PM  
Blogger G-Man said...

Are you still looking for some article of clothing?

Anyway, That is one beautiful jewell of a park that you have there, plus you got a free steak?
Talk about YAHTZEE!!!

Thanks for playing and GO BLUE!!!

October 10, 2008 1:16 AM  
Blogger KJ said...

What a wonderful post.

I think she is beautiful also.

Good for you on the long walk!!!

Have a great weekend

October 10, 2008 6:35 AM  
Blogger snowelf said...

You rock!! I'm so glad you spent such a great day with Signgurl! She is such a doll!!

Is someone stealing your socks? ;)

--snow

October 10, 2008 8:14 AM  
Blogger Mojo said...

Aha! Watson, the game's afoot! We'll snare that sneaky underwear thief and make no mistake!

And I couldn't agree with you more Barman... Signgurl... she's beautiful. Just beautiful.

Should we infer anything from this walk in the park? (*grin*)

October 10, 2008 9:45 AM  
Blogger Mona said...

What! still on the clothes thief trail ? I hope you catch him soon enough! Then we will use baseball bats at him!

October 10, 2008 10:12 AM  
Blogger barman said...

I promise the 55 comes to an end next week. That was a fun time in the park for sure. Now if only I can stay motivated.

G I had no idea how nice the entire system of parks and trails were until this year. I am simply amazed. And well yes, a nice dinne too.

KJ, much like you, she is beautiful inside and out. The walk felt good. I am so happy I went out for the nice walk and what could be better than doing that with friends.

Snowelf, I think they must be. That or the dryer is eating them. I mean that lint has to come from somewhere.

Nope Mojo. We have been friends for about 3 years and every once in a while get together. Besides she is excited about showing people her wonderful world that she is really enjoying. Hopefully she can get out over the winter and enjoy it just as much. Oh and the theif will be caught next week.

October 10, 2008 10:14 AM  
Blogger barman said...

Mona, I think I have a couple of nice wooden baseball bats we can use.

October 10, 2008 10:16 AM  
Blogger Akelamalu said...

Someone pinched your pants????

I hope you catch them.

Loved the 55. :)

October 10, 2008 11:44 AM  
Blogger Pam said...

hehe on the 55. can't wait to see how it plays out! great job, bryan. and wow, you walked a LOT. that's pretty good. i'm usually tuckered out after a mile..seriously. if you're sore, that means you worked some muscles out and that's always a good thing :)

i agree that sign is beautiful...i can tell just from blogging it's both inside and out :)

October 10, 2008 1:14 PM  
Blogger S said...

You met sign and there are no pics? What?

:P

I am glad you liked the tour. Part one was photos.

Now, I think everyone should reveal their voices. What did you think mine was going to sound like?
I am curious.

I am sure I mustve said LIKE about 10 times. I am a california girl after all.

October 10, 2008 4:17 PM  
Blogger ell said...

glad you had fun barman. how nice of sg to show you around. she's definitely a peach! have a great weekend.

October 10, 2008 5:13 PM  
Blogger GAB said...

Glad you two had a fab time.

October 10, 2008 8:43 PM  
Blogger barman said...

Akelamalu, I am not as good at these 55s as James or others are but hopefully the ending will be fun.

Ciara, about half way through or a little bit further I started to feel a bit sore. We were walking slow enough (thank you Sign) that I was not doing to bad in the tuckered out department.

Susie I am not sure what I expected, maybe a higher voice or something. But I think you have an easy to listen to voice. You must not have done to bad with the "like" and things like that. I never noticed you saying that a lot. I was taking pictures of SignGurl for her so she has a picture or two to post in the future. So look there for pictures sometime.

Ell, I agree about SignGurl. I thought so from the first exchange we had in email the fist day I stumbled on her blog and she found out she had another blogger near by. I am working on the weekend. You have dun too.

Thanks GAB. Now don't get to crazy, rest and feel better.

October 11, 2008 4:43 AM  
Blogger Mojo said...

Hey!
I was hoping you might stop by and sign the virtual birthday card I posted for Lime.

October 12, 2008 12:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home