Bryan's Little Corner

Welcome to Bryan's Little Corner 

Wednesday, October 08, 2008

Stuff

OK, bring on the election already. Are these Presidential debates changing anyone’s mind? If you are undecided you certainly will not learn very much new at the debates. At this point no one is making big mistakes either. Wouldn’t it be nice to just go out and vote already?

My bulbs arrived. Time to plant for next year. I have some tiger lilies for the summer and some tulips for the early spring. I love flowers that are early risers. I can not wait to shake off winter and seeing the greenery always helps.

Why or why did I fertilize my lawn. I took forever cutting the lawn yesterday. I think I am going to cut it again today. No, I don’t have a thing for cutting the lawn. It is just time to start cutting it shorter for the winter.

Eating cereal for dinner is no fun. I am so hungry right now. Of course after eating a foot long subway sub for lunch I best slack off a little.

Why is it most of the time nothing is happening. Then a million things happen all at once. That happened to me at work yesterday. I had so many things happen that I just got rather frazzled. I did kind of lose it for a little bit there. Maybe I should bring in treats to make it up. I hope today is better.

I celebrate my birthday (again) this weekend. The family has been “busy” and we partially celebrated it back when my birthday was (beginning of July). Now we will do it again. I wish we would just drop it. This weekend is my Dad’s birthday, on the same day as Lime. We will celebrate for him too and most likely go golfing. The weather will be great for it.


Some Humor that came my way...


Investment tips for 2008

For all of you with any money left, be aware of the next expected mergers so that you can get in on the ground floor and make some BIG BUCKS! Watch for these consolidations in 2008:

1.) Hale Business Systems, Mary Kay Cosmetics, Fuller Brush, and W. R. Grace Co. will merge and become: Hale, Mary, Fuller, Grace.

2.) Polygram Records,
Warner Bros., and ZestaCrackers join forces and become: Poly, Warner Cracker.

3.) 3M will merge with Goodyear and become: MMMGood.

4.) Zippo Manufacturing, Audi Motors, Dofasco, and Dakota Mining will merge and become: ZipAudiDoDa .

5.) FedEx is expected to join its competitor, UPS, and become: FedUP.

6.) Fairchild Electronics and Honeywell Computers will become: Fairwell, Honeychild.

7.) Grey Poupon and Docker Pants are expected to become: Poupon Pants.

8.) Knotts Berry Farm and the National Organization of Women will become: Knott NOW!

And finally ..

9.) Victoria 's Secret and Smith/Wesson will merge under the new name: Titty Titty Bang Bang

I have more ramble to do but no more time to ramble. Have a nice day everyone.
7 Comments:
Blogger lime said...

well thanks for remembering my birthday, very sweet of you. i will admit i am dreading it for several reasons i won't go into here. nonetheless, thank you for the shoutout.

October 08, 2008 10:33 AM  
Blogger barman said...

I wish I could take credit but Mona shook out the cobwebs. Of course with you sharing my Dad's birthday I should be able to remember that...

October 08, 2008 12:02 PM  
Blogger S said...

Hey Bryan
I think that Stagger Into The Light is about not being afraid to love, to get out there and be loved and take care of who you chose to love, because it is fragile and sometimes fleeting.

She lost her partner a few years ago in a drowning accident, so I think it's about not being afraid to love again, even if you have to stagger, get back out there and do it.
Something like that.
:)
And that love is precious. That's for sure.

I would like to have a foot long sandwich. Im starving!

October 08, 2008 7:41 PM  
Blogger SignGurl said...

Well, you shall be fed well tomorrow night! No more cereal for you.

October 08, 2008 9:40 PM  
Blogger barman said...

Susie, I got your footlong right here. Vegie work? :)

Looking forward to it Sign. You're to good to me.

October 09, 2008 8:27 AM  
Blogger KJ said...

I don't think I've cut my grass in 2 months.

Dry as hell in Kentucky

October 09, 2008 10:01 AM  
Blogger barman said...

KJ, time to hit a bar and order a bourbon! Oh, dry as in little rain.

October 09, 2008 9:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home