Bryan's Little Corner

Welcome to Bryan's Little Corner 

Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Another dull day in New York City

I am so behind. This past day I have been trying to figure out what things I am going to do to track health related things. Stuff like blood pressure, weight, exercise, etc. The doctor and I had a little talk yesterday. He did not push hard but I can tell he is saying you need to make a change. If I am going to do that then I am going to track what I am doing so I can share the results with him when I go back in two weeks.

Now comes part of the battle. If I am going to try and lose weight (which I seriously need to do) than I can not lose at an acceptable rate for the doctor. Only losing a pound a week for a guy that is taking things serious is actually a hard thing to do. When I was on Weight Watchers many eons ago I was losing around 3 ½ pounds a week. Of course that is probably part of the reason I developed gallstones and had to have my gallbladder removed.

We had a hard frost today, YEA. I have been wanting to clean up my planting beds anyway and now that should kill just about everything off once and for all. Well it better not touch my new shrubs but other than that…

Today I go see the Red Cross. I do not mind giving blood but the delay of over an hour to give is a pain and it does not always fit in nice. Hey have been hounding me for a little bit. I guess tonight is the night. Of course I had coffee today and that tends to elevate my blood pressure. Maybe I will not be giving after all.

I had an electric tooth brush give out on me. It turns out it was just in need of a good charge. Yea, that is a few bucks that I can save. Speaking of saving, gas in my neck of the woods is about $2.65. Amazing, less than a month ago it was somewhere near $4.12.

Sorry my blogging seems to have hit a long skid. Nothing exciting to write about for me. I will see if I can change that without getting my self tossed in jail to provide an interesting story.
4 Comments:
Blogger lime said...

well, jail would certainly provide some...er....anecdotes!

October 22, 2008 1:58 PM  
Blogger barman said...

Lime yes indeed it would but then it would make it harder to give blood for sometime so I may need to rethink things. Actually I got some material from giving blood today.

October 22, 2008 7:30 PM  
Blogger KJ said...

Eh, we all go through slumps....I blame the weather!!

October 23, 2008 6:58 AM  
Blogger barman said...

I know KJ. I think the weather and the sun setting so much earlier. In a couple of weeks when daylight savings is over it will be even worse. Oh well.

October 23, 2008 7:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home