Bryan's Little Corner

Welcome to Bryan's Little Corner 

Monday, October 13, 2008

Wasn't That a Weekend

What a weekend. I was busy making a little bit of food and making my way down to my parents. We celebrated two birthdays. I came home with the 6th season of 24. Later this month seasons 1-5 will be priced right and I will have the series. I starting watching 24 last year and really loved what I was seeing. I got so hooked. So some time over the winter I will have a 24 marathon. Oh boy.

My Dad turned 76 and we were nice to him. He only had 3 candles on his cake which him blew out no problem. I can not believe it, I bought a birthday card on Friday at lunch time at work and forgot the card on my desk. It is hard at best for me to get into the office on Saturday so I picked up another card on Saturday which I misplaced when I got down on Saturday. Me and birthday cards. I almost always buy cards last minute and I tend to lose or misplace them. Oh well, in the end my Dad got his card on Sunday which was his actual birthday rather than Saturday when we celebrated it.

They said they did not want anything for his birthday. I had no idea what to get, well until we were actually celebrating. So now I am in the process of looking at all in one copy/print/fax/scan machines. As long at you can copy without having the computer on. He is always using the copy function we have set up for him but he gets confused with everything. So a nice stand alone thing should work out well for him. That and I will probably get them a few things for their furnace but that will not be a birthday present.

Sunday, among other things I visited with friends and also got to see my nieces last volleyball game. The won one and lost two but they were close. I also got a chance to learn a little more about shooting volleyball. Still much to learn but I did much better.

While I was in the Detroit are I also bought gas for about $2.85 a gallon. I also say one station selling it for $2.73. Amazing. I filled my tank for just under $50. I only wish it would last.

Today I plant a few things including shrubs and bulbs. That should be fun. I can not wait to get home from work now. I will be planting my first tiger lilies and some more tulips too. Next spring and summer should be fun. I just hope Mr squirrel does not dig up my work.

Enjoy the nice weather while you can...
7 Comments:
Blogger S said...

Hey Bryan!
Happy Monday
You were paying 1980's gas prices, man. We are still at $3.50

Hope your father had a lovely birthday.

:)

October 13, 2008 12:39 PM  
Blogger KJ said...

I'm a fan of 24 also!!!

October 13, 2008 3:05 PM  
Blogger GAB said...

Ive never watched 24. Happy birthday to your dad. Mine turned 89 this year,says next will be his last! I say yeah right with sarcasim he is so stubborn that I say he will be here till he's 100. We had good weather till today when it rained. I wanted to go some bulbs(Iris) but other things got in my way. Yes Im loving the gas being so cheap.....but I get it cheaper.....NO CAR!

October 13, 2008 10:30 PM  
Blogger barman said...

Susie, things went fairly nice. It is always great to get families together. As to the gas prices, we don't pay Cali gas prices so we have not been paying that much for so long.

KJ, I think I started watching 24 because you were watching it. I saw an episode and liked it and fell in love with it (more or less) within 3 episodes.

My Dad has Alzheimer's and I suspect that is not helping him with a long life. Our weather is supposed to start turning tomorrow and will get like yours on Wednesday. Yea, I only got two shrubs and no bulbs planted today. The mosquitoes we overwhelming. Hopefully tomorrow will go better. Sorry that gas is SO CHEAP for you.

October 13, 2008 10:39 PM  
Blogger G-Man said...

You are very lucky that he is still around, and I'm sure you know it..

October 15, 2008 12:47 PM  
Blogger barman said...

G, I am blessed to have him around. Things we take for granted we really should not.

Thanks for visiting.

October 15, 2008 1:54 PM  
Blogger SignGurl said...

Awww...so glad that you had a nice weekend. You deserve the love of your family.

October 15, 2008 7:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home