Bryan's Little Corner

Welcome to Bryan's Little Corner 

Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Eagle Eye

Over the weekend one of the things I did was go see a movie. If you are looking for a chick flick then look somewhere else. Eagle Eye is all action. As a mater of fact this is the first movie I can remember where I thought it was to much action. I will give you an example. There is a point at which they are on a road and suddenly there are cars and trucks flying everywhere. Of course most of that is in slow motion and it is heading your way... and heading... and heading... and heading. In the end it just got a little uncomfortable for me in a few spots but that is probably just me.

Now I am sure I missed a bit of the movie as I was think about my niece's volleyball game that we needed to bolt out of the theater as soon as possible to go see. I will be going to see the movie again at my local mom and pop theater next week just to take in a little more of what I missed. It is nice to support Mom and Pop and $2 is not bad at all.

Anyway the action was interesting. At first I was saying there is no way that all of this could happen. Then as the story progresses I decided yea, maybe it could happen. I enjoyed Shia LaBeouf in the lead role. They even tossed in Billy Bob Thornton in there too. I really enjoyed all the characters. Now was the movie original? No, but then they sort of mixed things up a little. I found myself entertained from beginning to end.

So what happens? Well without saying much you have two characters who's lives are thrown together who eventually work together to overcome all that is happening to them and their families. You have a few surprises tossed in, you of course have a villain who does a decent job of it. Sometimes things are just to cast to dark either just by the plot or other times they are actually to dark and you can not see anything. Not a problem here. The sound was brilliant as I felt luck ducking out of the way on many occasions. Of course I saw this at a modern theater and not the Mom and Pop shop I normally go to so that could explain why it was so nice. Oh one more things about the movieā€¦ they left it wide open for a sequel.

In general I would recommend this movie to anyone. It is rated PG-13 and has a bit of intense action and violence in it but other than that, if it is action you are looking for, go see this on the big screen.
2 Comments:
Blogger Pam said...

i saw this movie when it first came out. i enjoyed shia a lot. always do. you're right though..sometimes it almost seemed like too much action. when i watched this movie i kind of thought of 'war games', but what happens in eagle eye is pretty scary and something that could 'possibly' happen. i have not done my review on this movie yet, and i have another movie for a review as well. i should work on that today if i could stop being so lazy lol

October 16, 2008 11:49 AM  
Blogger barman said...

I am debating going to see this at our IMax cinema. It would be such an overload of the senses.

I know you can do better with the review than I did. I always hate to give anything away. Of course this was released in August or early September so everyone has seen it.

October 16, 2008 2:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home