Bryan's Little Corner

Welcome to Bryan's Little Corner 

Thursday, November 06, 2008

Michael Crichton Has Passes On

Oh no, I just heard one of my favorite authors has pass on, Michael Crichton. I loved The Andromeda Strain than I just kind of lost track of him. It was not until I came across Congo and read it that I truly fell in love with his work. I loved the way he mixed science and medical details in a lot of his books. It held my attention and made me want to look things up and see just how real this was. I have read a little bit more of his work but I have so many more books to find and work my way through. It is sad to see someone as talented is he pass on at the relatively young age of 66. I think he still had a lot of wonderful works inside.

Rest in peace Michael Crichton. Hopefully you and Charles Schulz (my favorite cartoonist) get together and have lunch sometime.

So, do you have a favorite author?
5 Comments:
Blogger ell said...

i know, i felt sad when i heard that too. he seemed so young. and i loved his work too.

i used to be on an ann rule kick - i couldn't get enough of her true crime stories.

November 06, 2008 3:31 PM  
Blogger Deb said...

Wow that's sad. 66 is quite young, but his legend will always be alive! :)

Keep writing my friend!

November 06, 2008 10:11 PM  
Blogger John C. Goacher said...

I'm always sorry to see a creative person move on, especially writers.

As far as a favourite? Gabriel Garcia Marquez has to be mine, and I read a lot of others. It's tough to find one who stands out. One of these days, my hope is that someone might choose me as theirs.

Hope you are feeling better BAR.

John

November 07, 2008 9:50 PM  
Blogger Cha Cha said...

Ohhh...I loved the end of this post, Barman, where you wish the lunchdate between your two faves.

I did not know that Michael Crichton had passed. Thank you for sharing this.

He was the dud that did Jurassic Park too, and ER--which I USED to be a fan of for a long time, but sort of fell out of touch with it after awhile.

I hear George Clooney might be coming back for the finale though, which would be interesting.

My fave?

Stephen King

No doubt about it.

November 08, 2008 3:57 PM  
Blogger barman said...

ell I probably would enjoy Ann Rule too but I do not do a ton of pleasure reading so I don't know her.

Deb you are so write. When someone can put words down on paper and people enjoy that they will live forever. Speaking of which, when is your next book coming out?

Thank you GoGo, my meds seem to have finally settled down and I am actually able to get some things done for a change. One can only hope to be so fortunate. Good luck on that.

Strumpie you are right. I had not read that one so I did not list it but yes he was indeed one in the same. They are bringing back a lot of the people from the past. I have seen a little of it but, since I have not seen it lately, it is just like they were there all along. Oh and Stephen King, good one. One of the scariest movies in which not much happened was by him, The Shining. It was so funny seeing this at the theater. The person that saved everyone in the book was killed off in the movie. You could tell who had read the book as there were a lot of comments made in the middle of the movie.

November 09, 2008 2:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home