Bryan's Little Corner

Welcome to Bryan's Little Corner 

Monday, November 03, 2008

Who turned out the Lights?

Wow I can not believe what happened when the clocks turned back on early Sunday morning. I guess I have been feeling the affects of less light for a while now but yesterday was something else. I had a hard time staying up much past 6:30 PM. Of course part of that might have been I had a bad nights sleep the night before so that could be part of it. No trouble sleeping last night however. I guess there were a few really loud thunder boomers and I never woke up.

Wow, our sunset is at 5:28 PM and it looks like we a losing a minute of sunshine in the morning and a minute in the evening. I miss the sun already.


The diet, well it is going. I have lost at least 4 pounds in a couple of weeks. The exercise, well that is not going as well but I am trying.


One of the worst things I bought lately was all the episodes of 24. I had only seen part of the last season. Now here is the reason I should not have bought this. There are 144 episodes which are about 42 to 43 minutes each which means over 100 hours of watching. I find watching these episodes is so like when I pick up a book. I just can not put it down. Of course with this it is impossible to do it all at once. None the less it has eat a lot of my time. Maybe that is part of the reason the daylight change over is hitting me harder than normal.


I had something interesting happen over the weekend. After finishing up the dishes I could not figure what happened to all my forks. I think I have less than a half of the forks I normally have. I know for a while I have noticed I was going through the forks kind of fast but it had not hit me I was missing so many forks. Now here is the weird part... I live alone. I have no one to blame but me for the missing forks. Yikes.


Well I see the sun is up and I do not have to be into work for a little bit yet... I think I am going to go outside and clean up some more of my planting beds since the sun is setting so late and I will not be able to do it after work. Have a great day.
7 Comments:
Blogger KJ said...

WOO HOO!!!

I'm first

November 03, 2008 7:42 AM  
Blogger Roxi said...

Some of the therapists at the clinic put up little clear christmas lights today just cause they say the dark bugs them and the lights work to lessen the effect.. You could try decorating for christmas early?

November 03, 2008 1:06 PM  
Blogger lime said...

i wonder if your forks ran away with my missing spoons.

November 03, 2008 1:53 PM  
Blogger Cha Cha said...

In restaurants, in order to save costs on silverware, they place this big magnet thing over the main garbage can in the back by the dishwasher so that when the bussers empty the food off the plates into the garbage....

....the magnet catches the silverware.

(Well, in some restaurants anyhow, where the managerial staff is aware of this device.)

Perhaps this is what is happening to your forks.

You could look into a home magnet contraption.

Or, you could go hog-wild and by all new silverware with a cool new design on the handles.

Or...you can switch to plastic so you're not upset when they disappear.

Though, that's not very environmentally sound. Maybe if you use each plastic fork a few times. Or wash and re-use them until they disappear like the metal ones are doing.

Good luck!

The Mystery of the Missing Forks

It sounds like a GREAT Hardy Boys novel.

Or Nancy Drew!

Now, SHE was hot.

xoxo, Barman, and much love

Get some rest!

Yes, it got dark WAY too early today and yesterday.

My aviators went into my purse, and my regular specs went on, at around 4:30 last night! 4:30!

November 03, 2008 6:00 PM  
Blogger barman said...

First as it should be KJ.

Sarah that might make sense. I know this morning once the sun came up I was doing so much better. Just some nice extra light in the morning would really make a difference.

Lime I thought about that when I discovered they were missing. I hope they are at least having a good time together.

Strumpie, do you think the magnets at one of the restaurants was so powerful that it pulled my forks away? I am in favor of the new silverware with the cool new design on the handles but the cost. Maybe the plastics is the best way to go.

November 03, 2008 8:21 PM  
Blogger Cha Cha said...

Ha! Maybe!

Good luck with the missing forks, Barman.

I know you will figure out the best solution.

Maybe you should switch to using chopsticks.

Or go Ethiopian for awhile and just sop everything up with soft pita-like bread.

It could be fun!

November 04, 2008 9:48 AM  
Blogger barman said...

Chopsticks, what a great idea. Not only do I solve the fork problem but I bet I will lose weight to. I never was to good with chopsticks.

November 04, 2008 4:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home