Bryan's Little Corner

Welcome to Bryan's Little Corner 

Tuesday, November 04, 2008

My Experience at the Polls



I showed up at the polls and was in line about 7:07. By the time I was done (50 minutes) I was the 87th voter to vote in my precinct. Doing the math that is a little under 2 people a minute voting. Normally when I go to vote it is closer to 8:00 and I am about the 90th voter. The line was cut by a third so they probably only had a 35 minute wait. So yes there are a few more voters this time but not so bad you should stay away from voting. Of course this evening will probably be real fun.

There were a few more voting stations that usual I think, 14 of them. There probably was about 12 before. They added about 3 more stations to be used for my precinct as the other precinct that was voting at the same place I was had no one in line. The processing of voters before they could go vote was a little backed up as there was almost always 1 to 3 stations not filled.

Everyone was civil. The poll workers tried to make sure that people that were in the correct line for voting so they did not waste their time. I have a few other things I could say but I worry it might influence things so this is where I end. I guess I am saying a 50 minute wait was not bad and after the morning rush it was less. This wait was longer than usual but not bad. Of course your experience will most likely be different. As a general whole be prepared to take a little longer and go do your duty.
9 Comments:
Blogger lime said...

i got there about 8 and only had 4 people in front of me. they said when the polls opened at 7 there was a ling 40 deep. i think there will be a steady stream all day though.

November 04, 2008 9:42 AM  
Blogger Cha Cha said...

Wow!

What details!

Thanks for the update!

xoxo, Bryan

My favourite of your yardsign post was the woman on top. So kitsch!!

November 04, 2008 10:04 AM  
Blogger barman said...

Lime it sure seems to depend on where you are. We had people that were in a fairly long line and they were there before the polls open. One person was there about 5:30 in the morning. They looked like a first time voter. They were treating it like buying concert tickets. And then there is the precint next to me. They had no line what so ever. Go figure.

I liked that lady too Strumpie. I just had to include her.

November 04, 2008 12:36 PM  
Blogger Cha Cha said...

You know what I liked best about her, Bryan?

Her 'Ferrari Red' nail-polish.

Woo!

And the polka-dots.

I LOVE the polka dots.

xo!

November 04, 2008 2:37 PM  
Blogger Pam said...

our polls here in cali opened @ 7 am...i went about 9:30 was out by about 9:40. i bypassed the electronic voting because that had a longer wait!

all i know is i rocked the vote on my birthday! w00t!

p.s. we only have 3 precincts that come to our polling place that's rightin the town i live in (3 min drive)

November 04, 2008 3:23 PM  
Blogger barman said...

Stumpie, to funny. I should have known. I had not even noticed. But you love polka-dots? I learn something new every day.

Ciara glad you voted and that your experience was positive. Happy Birthday to you. Hopefully you choices do well and you have a wonderful birthday.

November 04, 2008 9:50 PM  
Blogger barman said...

Looking at this election in Michigan and previous elections I think we went from turnout in the 60 percentage to turnout being almost 80 percent. Good job everyone.

November 05, 2008 7:54 AM  
Blogger Cha Cha said...

I have polka-dot EVERYTHING.

Sometimes people don't even know I'm wearing polka-dots...

...unless they're lucky.

^_~

November 08, 2008 3:27 PM  
Blogger barman said...

Strumpie, what ever do your mean? ;)

You are to funny. So would that make you a closet polka-dot wearer sometimes then? Just be careful not to wear white or your secret might be out.

November 08, 2008 4:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home