Bryan's Little Corner

Welcome to Bryan's Little Corner 

Wednesday, November 05, 2008

Just a Quicky

I probably will not post a a real post until tomorrow. I spent almost 12 hours sleeping yesterday after my visit to the doctors. A few weeks ago the doctor made a change to my blood pressure medication. Well the last little bit I have been dealing with low blood pressure. Doing just about anything has not been fun. I would not go for a walk or do any exercise because I was worried I might pass out. Well yesterday the doctor cut my meds in half so hopefully I will be doing better now. The readings this morning were very encouraging but after work I was lower than I have ever seen. I will give it a couple of days to see how things settle out.

I found out 98 percent of all eligible voters are now registered. Wonderful. Turnout for the election in Michigan went from low 60 percent for presidential elections to almost 68 percent according to the unofficial state election results. The last time we saw that many percent of people turn out to vote was back in 1964 and even higher in the 50s. So yes there was more turnout than recent history but it was not as much as I had been lead to believe. I determined this by looking at the total votes for President and also the total votes for two state wide ballot issues and picking the larger of the three numbers. At this point I have not had a chance to pour over the results but the results seem to be overwhelming saying change and fix our economy.

I hope you all are seeing the wonderful weather we have been having the last few days. Have a great day everyone.
4 Comments:
Blogger KJ said...

Well I do hope you start to feel better!!!

Have a great day

November 05, 2008 8:30 AM  
Blogger snowelf said...

There's something really powerful about this election--so many elements seem to be over come this time...I have been really interested in the stats and the break down of the results. It gives me a lot of hope that the world really is changing in a positive way.

Have a great one. :)

--snow

November 05, 2008 9:57 AM  
Blogger Mona said...

It has been a clean sweep really! I hope that the Change brings in new hope for a better Change :)

November 05, 2008 10:27 AM  
Blogger Cha Cha said...

Bryan,

I hope this finds you doing much better, as I am a few days late getting to this post.

Make sure you are taking care of yourself and following doctor's orders!!!

Make sure you are eating lots of fruit and drinking heaps of skim milk, (both GREAT for low blood pressure.)

They also say that switching from bad carbs to whole grains will help immensely, and portion sizes are better when eaten in smaller amounts several times a day rather than large amounts a couple times a day.

Drink lots and lots and lots of water too.

Protein is good. So get your fish and legumes(beans) in. Nuts are great. And so are chicken and turkey.

And take supplements for the vitamins you may be missing out on like Vitamin B Complex and Vitamin C chewables<<~~actually REALLY yummy.

I hope that you are able to get some exercise in soon. Cos walking should help you out a lot too. Even just a half hour a few times a week.

Take care of yourself and let me know how your next doctor visit goes!!!

Cos now I'm all worried about you, Bardude!

You are my friend!

Oh, by the way...is your doctor hot? That might motivate you to stick to proper nutrition for low blood pressure.

Kind of like when in high school I always did best in Physics class, cos I had this WAY MASSIVE crush on my physics teacher....Mr. Reeves....boy, was he dreamy.

I always wanted to go in there and show him how well I knew the material.

So, maybe if you have a hot and sexy doc, you'll wanna go in and show her how well you know the material too...

...heheh.

xoxo, Barman, with much love

November 08, 2008 3:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home