Bryan's Little Corner

Welcome to Bryan's Little Corner 

Monday, November 10, 2008

Do you Hulu?

Did you know about the Hulu website? I just found it last Sunday. I saw something that mentioned that YouTube will be adding television shows and movies to the videos soon. It mentioned that was to compete with Hulu.

I have watched that full episode of WKRP in Cincinnati that I mentioned earlier. I watched a Lost in Space episode from back in 1967. I also watched an old show that was not on the air very long. I am not sure if they were even on a full season. The show was called Cleopatra 2525. I even saw they had the movie Xanadu or maybe just clips, on of my favorites. I think I will bounce around a little more checking what they have online but try not to watch to much more. There just are not enough hours in the day.

Now Hulu is not like YouTube, for that type of content you still need to go to YouTube. But for many other things you might be able to find it on Hulu. Click here for an explanation of Hulu. Someday YouTube will add similar content only it probably will be CBS or ABC studios centered content. The interesting thing about the content is it is possibly DVD quality. It looks about as good as anything I have seen on the Internet before. Of course I do have a high-speed Internet connection, you probably can not do use this site with dial-up.


Well other than Hulu I managed to do some more work outside and get all but my garden area cleared for next year. 16 containers to the recycle center later and my beds up front are looking good. I also managed to dig up a portion of my planting beds that have a westerly exposure. Since I have Tuesday off and the weather will be cooperating I am going to try and get about 3 dozen bulbs planted for next year. The bad news, moving 2 yards of topsoil that hopefully I can get delivered on Tuesday. The good news, less work in the spring and also some wonderful new plants to welcome in the spring (Tulips) and greet another summer (a variety of Tiger Lilies). I started seeing Tiger Lilies everywhere and just new I had to make them mine. Well not those exact plants but you know what I mean.

In the spring I need to put down a weed barrier and add 2 yards of mulch to my planting beds. Things should be looking sharp next year. Now all I need to find are some annuals to plant next year to add some color. I can't wait for spring!



Oh and by the way, should you stop by Lime, I found this on THIS WEB SITE. I thought it might give you a smile. Hope you had a great time.


6 Comments:
Blogger lime said...

chocolate limes! that's great! yes it made me giggle to see it. it's even organic!

never heard of hulu but i may need to check it out.

November 10, 2008 2:35 PM  
Blogger barman said...

Glad you enjoyed it Lime. Hulu was new to me too. It is an interesting place but I hope I do not spend to much time there.

November 10, 2008 6:14 PM  
Blogger SignGurl said...

Oh boy, do I hear you on the yard work. I'm going to be doing some today myself since I'm not working either. I have boatloads of leaves in the backyard that are begging for my attention. Good luck today!

November 11, 2008 8:05 AM  
Blogger barman said...

Good luck with the leaves Sign. I am over half way through my project. Another 2 hours tops, probably less and I will be done. I wanted to do more but we will see if there are any daylight hours left.

November 11, 2008 1:29 PM  
Blogger barman said...

I was dreaming. It was another 4 1/2 hours to complete my project but then my body just gave out making the going slow.

November 11, 2008 7:30 PM  
Blogger Cha Cha said...

Those candies look DELICIOUS.

Yum.

And I SO have to check-out that Hulu site.

I haven't even clicked on your link and I know shite I want to see if they have...

...Welcome Back, Kotter

....Three's Company

...The Twilight Zone

...........3-2-1 Contact.

November 15, 2008 1:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home