Bryan's Little Corner

Welcome to Bryan's Little Corner 

Friday, December 19, 2008

55Flash Fiction Friday

The kids were suppose to bring
dishes to school from around the world
Half the dishes you can not pronounce
But they all smell so wonderful.

What did Little Johny
bring in for International day?
Johny had the United States.
He could have brought in so many great foods
He chose to bring French Fries.



What can I say, Lime has had an International flair about things as long as I have been visiting her blog but the past few weeks she has out done herself. I guess this and the comment her daughter made about them having such a global kitchen just planted a seed in my mind. I think I need to try a whole lot more dishes from India. Until then maybe I will have to go look up that Ethiopian restaurant in the next town over. I have only been to such a place once and I think it is time I venture out of my comfort zone once again.

Have a wonderful weekend and send warm thought my way if you can. I just want to make sure I do not get buried in snow from the storm heading this way. I will use any warm thoughts to help melt a little snow… unless you want to help me build a gran snowman. Any takers?

If you decided to do a 55 thsi week than go over to G-Man's blog and let him know so he can come visit.

UPDATE: The big storm came and went and dumped 8 inches of snow on me. An hour and a half later of using my snow blower to do battle with the snow and the snow plow teams that kept burrying my driveway and sidewalks ... I am finally all clear. Of course tomorrow night we have an additionl 3 to 6 inches on the way. So we could have as much as 32 inches of snow already and winter has just begin. Nice.

Labels:

5 Comments:
Blogger Mona said...

LOL! I have always wondered why the most famous American food in which go 38% of their potato production, is called FRENCH fries! It should be renamed American fries now!

December 19, 2008 10:42 AM  
Blogger barman said...

Isn't that funny Mona. I was in Europe once when I was in 10th grade. Everwhere we went they tried to serve us french fries. I guess we have a reputation.

December 19, 2008 10:53 AM  
Blogger Akelamalu said...

LOL that's funny!

December 19, 2008 1:35 PM  
Blogger g-man said...

French Fries are as American as Dijon Mustard and crepes!!!
Nice twisty 55 Bryan. Thanks for joining in the fun this week...
I pd a guy 20 bucks to plow my 100 foot driveway...Be careful...G

December 20, 2008 9:28 AM  
Blogger snowelf said...

We got dumped on too, but I was so glad it was on a weekend and I didn't HAVE to go out in it. Then I got a call Saturday night and apparently I didn't get an invitation to my aunt's 50th birthday and had to get out in it anyway. Bleh! :P

My landlord is awesome and had all our driveways and sidewalks cleared--he uses a truck-plow and then a little four wheeler with a plow on it. I think he has a blast driving that thing around!!

Hope your monday's treating you well! :)

--snow

December 22, 2008 7:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home