Bryan's Little Corner

Welcome to Bryan's Little Corner 

Sunday, January 18, 2009

bob marley - no woman no cry

This weekend I was watching part of a movie, the 2007 version of I am Legend with Will Smith in it. At one part he mentions to someone that he could not believe she had not heard of Bob Marley. He continued that Legend was the best album ever made.

Well guess what, I don't have a clue who Bob Marley is. From what I gather I am one of only 5 or 10 people that do not know him. So I decided to get busy and picked up the album. Here is one of the songs from Legend. Enjoy while I kick back and listen to the album and read up on the man.

6 Comments:
Blogger S said...

What? :O

January 18, 2009 11:15 PM  
Blogger S said...

How is that possible?
You will be suprised how many Bob Marley songs you probably know once you get to know his music. Let me know when it's time to come over and liven up yo self, mon.

:P

Slumdog Millionaire is a love story but it's not mushy. I am glad you learn new stuff at my blog.

No Woman No Cry, Mon

January 18, 2009 11:16 PM  
Blogger barman said...

Susie, I think I concentrated on very few things growing up. Now I am trying to make up for it by having an open mind and exploring.

Right off the bat I know I shot the Serif but it is not the version I am used to despite the fact the he wrote it. I am sure there are others.

January 19, 2009 3:11 AM  
Blogger lime said...

it's never too late to learn.

January 19, 2009 9:09 AM  
Blogger G-Man said...

"I shot the Sheriff was well known before Eric Clapton ever sang it".

January 19, 2009 9:56 AM  
Blogger barman said...

To true Lime. I hope to never stop learning.

I know G-Man, you get used to the version of a song you listened to. Some how a newer or older version just does not cut it. I was surprised to find out the this was originally a Bob Marley song.

January 20, 2009 8:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home