Bryan's Little Corner

Welcome to Bryan's Little Corner 

Friday, February 06, 2009

55Flash Fiction Friday

Last month
I was the Villain.
This week
I am the Hero.

In a few months
I will certainly be
man of the hour.

People will
continue to
make jokes about
my profession.

All I am doing
is my job.

Maybe next time
there’s a severe storm
I will not
give you
an early warning

That was a 55 word flash fiction about a weather man. If you would like to give it a try just come up with a topic, have at least one character and put together a fun little story. Many people do amazing things with just 55 words. It is incredible. Once you have posted one go visit G-Man and let him know so others may come to visit then take a minute to visit the others. You will be amazed.

Yesterday was interesting. I was eating out, something I should not have done but oh well. Anyway the waitress was doing well. With me that is saying a little. I have a drinking problem. I almost always get water and I drink lots of it. I usually result in several trips to refill my glass. Now I tip decent but probably not as well as I should. But this little blurb is about the table next to me.

There was a table of three guys. They were fooling around a little. I was not really sure what was going on with them but they seemed to be enjoying themselves. But then one of them took charge and said the other two owed him $10 and he was going to pay the bill. That gave the waitress an OK tip but still I could imagine there was better than she might have got. Anyway what I saw happen next was what I found interesting. The one guy stopped her and said you gave us great service. She did not seem to understand so said it again just a little different. Personally I think she was in shock. Does anyone ever thank people like that? I know I rarely do and that is a shame. Anyway his buddies gave him a hard time and he said he, I have done so and so and I know it makes a difference when someone appreciates what you do.

He is so right. Now if he could only work on a little better tip then he would be a hero.

Have a nice weekend everyone.

Labels:

10 Comments:
Blogger Mona said...

That is such a typical response...not only for weathermen, but also for sports men. When they win they are demi gods & much acclaimed, but when they lose they are rained with rotten eggs & tomatoes shoes!

A Clear Indication, that you are defined by what you do & not by what you are...

Great 55ve Bryan!

February 06, 2009 9:06 AM  
Blogger Reverend Michael Kilgore said...

Damn weathermen anyway.....Good one Bryan! Got one up...

February 06, 2009 9:38 AM  
Blogger Reverend Michael Kilgore said...

Damn weathermen anyway.....Good one Bryan! Got one up...

February 06, 2009 9:38 AM  
Blogger Akelamalu said...

The poor weathermen always get the blame whether they're right or wrong!

Good stuff Bryan.

I did one too.

February 06, 2009 1:53 PM  
Blogger Cha Cha said...

Awwww....a post on learning to tip well!

How apropos that I chose to come visit today.

I miss you and much love to you.

xoxohm

February 06, 2009 2:29 PM  
Blogger Lulda Casadaga said...

Yes, the poor weathermen get a rap...but love watching that Jim Cantore in a hurricane! :)

Sometimes it's the little things we say that mean a lot! Have a great weekend.

February 06, 2009 4:32 PM  
Blogger g-man said...

I hate the TV5 Weatherman in our area. Darren Bradley!!
What a pompous, egotistical lard ass. Last year he blocked out the last 8 minutes of a Two-Part CSI..
Of the second episode, for only a severe SLOW MOVING thunder storm.
He could have scrolled that shit at the bottom of the screen for 8 minutes. Instead of seeing his chubby cheeks in front of a Doppler Radar map.Grrrrrrrrr

Anyway, thanks for the 55 Bryan. And I'm glad that you mentioned about people saying Thank You.
I always do, folks appreciate it.
Thanks...G

February 06, 2009 8:09 PM  
Blogger lime said...

as for weathermen, i think they shoudl all be required to have sustained a major bone break prior to being hired. my wrist is a far better predictor than any weatherman.

also, i do try to make sure i verbally acknowledge a job well done by people in the service industry.

February 07, 2009 7:07 PM  
Blogger S said...

On the trip to Bangalore we flew Northwest airlines. Do not waste your money on them. RUDE RUDE RUDE.
Pretyt much up there with the treatment one recieves on Lufthansa.
There was ONE polite and friendly stewardess on the entire 40 hour journey. You can be sure when I write my complaint letter to Northwest airlines, I will be sure to include her name as the ONLY polite one. She even told us, "if you think they treat you bad, you should see how they treat me"...
WOW
Lets all be mean to the new girl.
Well, let me tell you, that new girl is going to get a wonderful letter full of complimets while at the same time I slaughter the entire Northwest Airlines stewardess staff.

Remember when NWA meant N****** with attitude? It was a band. I am changing it to Northwest Airlines with Attitude. Horrilbe, horrible service.

Anyway, greetings from Bangalore, Bryan!

February 10, 2009 12:14 PM  
Blogger S said...

You are a bum. How come theres no new post?
Dont worry Sinead wont bite you.
Go back over and listen again...check out Terry Hall, he's just awesome. You can pretend that Sinead is someone else.

:P

February 14, 2009 7:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home