Bryan's Little Corner

Welcome to Bryan's Little Corner 

Monday, June 19, 2006

I Got to find me a Good Woman

Short but sweet ... well maybe just short.

On my trip to the folks over the weekend a little bit came on the radio. It said that on average men live 7 to 9 years linger if they are in a good marriage. Of course a bad relationship takes years off and I believe a divorce was even worse.

They also went on to say that if you were fairly active sexually that men cut their risk of cardiovascular disease by 50 percent.

The interesting thing is the relationship thing was pretty much a one way street. There was very little difference for the women. They did not mention of there were any cardiovascular bennies for the ladies.

The talk I heard basically attributed the longer life in men to the ladies getting the men to actually visit a doctor and follow the advice. If this were the case they also said that women, for the most part, seek other women when it comes to the care giver/support role rather then their own mate and that was probably the reason they did not benefit much from a mate.

I think I better get my but in gear... So any of you ladies that are not married or seeing anyone you may want to start running now.


I'm looking for something more than just good sex. --Scary Movie 3
9 Comments:
Blogger barman said...

Denny, I get the feeling you would never let a little thing like that hold you down. I think next time don't get married. That should mess the system all up.

June 19, 2006 8:11 AM  
Blogger GAB said...

Im still going strong 32 years of marriage. Oh yeah can I offer you my daughter? LOL LOL LOL

June 19, 2006 9:26 AM  
Blogger barman said...

Good for you Gab, that is awesome. A daughter you say ... hummmm! I can see I am going to get myself into trouble.

June 19, 2006 10:42 AM  
Blogger Crabby said...

Want me to hook you up? I'm excellent at hook-ups.
Last couple I hooked up was 18 years ago. Both of them weird as hell. And they're still together.

If I can make a match for those two unmatchables, think what I could do for you.

June 19, 2006 1:37 PM  
Blogger GAB said...

Ok ok I was just kidding....can we say mom is getting desprate? I thought when they grew up they moved out and lived their own lifes.Guess I was wrong. But in all honesty Im glad she is here because we get to spend that much more time with the grandkids. So No sorry even if you were interested I dont really want to let the kids go(daughter maybe but kids no)LOL again Just kidding!

June 19, 2006 4:11 PM  
Blogger barman said...

Gab I know that. Sorry my humor is questionable some times. I realized what you were saying.

Crabbs, you worry me what you could do. I think I am shivering as I type.

June 19, 2006 4:39 PM  
Blogger GAB said...

LOL some say my humor is on the sick side...oh well I like me. Anyways thanks for dropping in. OBTW Happy early birthday to you as well.

June 19, 2006 5:19 PM  
Blogger SignGurl said...

We gotta get you a woman! I've been looking. I just don't want to hook you up with some crazy biotch. I'll continue to look.

June 19, 2006 6:58 PM  
Blogger John C. Goacher said...

Oh BAR, we need to talk, have a lot of beers the way we used to. Do not fear, the end is not nigh. Don't believe all you read / hear and not much of what you see.

There are ways through your quandary (good word, eh?).

Marriage to the right person cannot be beat. To the not-quite-so-right can be a disaster.

(Tons of advice deleted here for future use...)

June 21, 2006 12:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home