Bryan's Little Corner

Welcome to Bryan's Little Corner 

Saturday, July 15, 2006

Photo Scavenger Hunt - Doors




PSHunt
Grab the Scavenger Hunt code.
Photo Theme. Join the blogroll. Visit participants.


OK I have been meaning to do this for over a month ever since I saw BbsGirl start. Then I saw Denny contribute and it was finally time.

Now this is a rather unusual door. You almost might not call it a door. You can see right through it and wind can pass clean through. I thought that this might be a fun door to include however. It features wine, and the baseball park. What more could you ask for.

This is the door onto the field at the Louisville Bats stadium, Louisville Slugger Field. The event going on is Run for the Rose (Rose as in wine). The stadium became the new home for this event about 5 or 6 years ago. The even is part of the Kentucky Derby Festival which is held the two to three weeks before the Kentucky Derby. For those unfamiliar the Derby is the most exciting two minuets in sports, the mother of horse races, the first leg of the triple crown. It is always held the first Saturday in May for 132 years.

Labels: ,

15 Comments:
Blogger Wenchy said...

Hey!!!!!!!

July 15, 2006 3:49 PM  
Blogger Meira{FB} said...

Looks like a door to me! Like the story of it too!

July 15, 2006 9:08 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

wonderful! Well a door is to keep people in or out, and I thihnk that is accomplished here. :) thanks for the visit.

July 15, 2006 9:26 PM  
Blogger Tamara said...

Hey B-Man,
I'm out of the butcher shop.In one piece(I think)lol.I fully intended to get out and post an update,but the hospital meds wore off,and so did my computer plans.Pain set in and I had to get those pain meds filled as fast as I could get em' filled.UuGH!I'm OK now...less pain and stiffness...discomfort is about all.But I just wanted to let you know how much I appreciate you hanging in here with me.Your such a neat-o guy ya know?
Lotsa hugs!!!
T.

July 15, 2006 9:42 PM  
Blogger Tamara said...

Oh wow! Cross posting.Could it be the dang meds?lol Uh-huh!I see your already on top of things.I posted my previous comment and then noticed you already beat me to the punch when I went to my blog.What a doll!
You really are a kind hearted sweety-pie.
My neck is saying "get off the dang computer"! But my mind isn't listening! ha ha
love,
T.

July 15, 2006 9:59 PM  
Blogger barman said...

Denny, good thing walls are not next.

July 16, 2006 12:37 AM  
Blogger barman said...

Wenchy, hi. Boy it seems like like this hunt would be right up your alley with the pictures you take.

July 16, 2006 12:40 AM  
Blogger barman said...

Reverberate58, thanks for stoping by. This is amazing for such a simple thing, a door(s), how many different ideas people had.

July 16, 2006 12:42 AM  
Blogger barman said...

Mysteriouslady, thank you. It is fun being there. I was surprised when I went throught the pictures there was a door there.

July 16, 2006 12:54 AM  
Blogger barman said...

Expattraveler, thank you for stopping by. What fun this is.

July 16, 2006 12:56 AM  
Blogger barman said...

Hey Tammi, thanks for the update. I understand about the meds. I had a full operation to get my gul bladder out and they had me on some killers for a couple of days. Luckily I was not in a ton of pain as long as I moved and breathed carefully so I took myself of the pain killers. In your case I would say bring on the meds. It sounds like that is a very painfull experience. I am so glad you made it through OK. Oh be carefull with those hugs. Wouldn't want to hurt your neck.

Take it easy Tammi. Glad you are back.

July 16, 2006 1:02 AM  
Blogger Manny said...

Happy Sunday!!!!

I had a great Saturday, sorry I didn't stop by.

July 16, 2006 7:19 AM  
Blogger Just Jan said...

Hey there..sorry I haven't dropped by sooner.....wow...you joined the hunt too!!!...cool. Looking forward to see what everyone comes up with next week for "action".

Have a good weekend..

July 16, 2006 7:36 AM  
Blogger barman said...

Manny that is wonderful to hear. I hope your Sunday is just as wonderful.

July 16, 2006 8:15 AM  
Blogger barman said...

Bbsgirl, it took me forever to join but I finally did it. I think I am going to enjoy this. At first I had no idea what to do with action. Now I think I already have two different things I can do for action. The tricky part is I am going to be in action. Wedding Friday night 100 miles away and golf outing Saturday morning but I am sure I will find a way to post.

July 16, 2006 8:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home