Bryan's Little Corner

Welcome to Bryan's Little Corner 

Friday, July 14, 2006

Stuff

Yesterday the house was hot and the temperature and humidity is doing nothing but go up so I clicked on the air and headed out to the theater. So what did I go see? Cars. Now I know, most people have seen this a while ago but I had to wait for it to come to my little neighborhood theater.

What a movie Cars is. Now I am not going to say much in case you still have not seen the movie but would like to. What a cute move. They had plenty of fun stuff for the kids and the adults. They of course had a lesson to be learned. They had Route 66 which I would love to check out some day. They had some fun stuff in the credits. It was a 2 hour cartoon, how could you not like that. All and all I loved it and I will own it when it comes out.

I have noticed something lately. I used to have a squirrel come up and visit me at least once a day on my deck. Now I was in the house and I was not encouraging this but I was not trying to stop it either. Oh and this was more than just the one squirrel, they rotated I think.

My squirrels also loves to climb the telephone pole in my backyard and sit out on top of it playing the ultimate King of the Hill. They fight and chase each other up and down that poll, they are always running through the tree line jumping after each other. On occasion they miss and fall to the ground but not very often. A little while ago I noticed what looked like baby squirrels in the area, something I have never seen before.

So my question, do squirrels do sort of a mini hibernate when the temperatures get high? I have hardly seen any squirrels in days. None have come to visit on the deck. I just do not see them.

Of course now that I say that I looked out my back window and what did I see? A squirrel climbing the poll, sitting on top for a couple of minutes. It seems like they had to make an appearance now that someone was talking about them.

UPDATE: I found a cute Flicker that has pictures of squirrels. I think you will be amused. Click here.

One last thing to round out my stuff. I received this in email and thought I would share.






We don't need computer weapon to kill moose and squirrel. We've been trying to kill moose and squirrel for 35 years --The Adventures of Rocky and Bullwinkle
5 Comments:
Blogger GAB said...

Thanks for adding me to your blog...I wish I knew how to add links. maybe you could email me instructions? anyways I was outside this AM while hubby was working on daughters car and I seen just one squirrel when usually there are many.I watched as he (she)scamper across our side lawn(we live on a corner)back behind said car and up nearest tree. I watched as it scampered up the trunk then across some branches. I soon seen where it was heading a big ole nest at the end of the branches hanging out over the street.Now I always thought they had nest into the trunk of the tree not out in the open like birds do. Maybe Im wrong maybe it was raiding this nest but from the size of it I think it was his. As for air condition dont get me started ours will be on for about 2 hours and freeze up. The only thing we can do then is turn it off let it sit an hour then turn it back on. With tempatures in the 90's + it is not a good time to freeze up. Had repair person out here to tell us we might as well start to think about a new one. Cute email. Looks like me in the AM. LOL

July 14, 2006 4:39 PM  
Blogger GAB said...

Oh and thanks for not going into detail about Cars as I do want to take the grandkids.

July 14, 2006 4:41 PM  
Blogger Crabby said...

I have not seen cars yet but I want to. I've heard nothing but good things about it.

Our squirrels are out mostly early in the morning when it gets really hot outside and sounds like you guys are having weather similar to ours now. We had a rain this afternoon though and cooled things off to 78. WOOT!

July 14, 2006 5:20 PM  
Blogger Manny said...

They do not hybernate, they are inside your walls watching your every move and then reporting back to me. haha

July 14, 2006 7:23 PM  
Blogger SignGurl said...

The squirrels are like us, when it gets hot, we head for the cool. Just imagine that they also have to wear a fur coat that they can't take off.


P.S.
Are you avoiding me?

July 14, 2006 7:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home