Bryan's Little Corner

Welcome to Bryan's Little Corner 

Thursday, July 06, 2006

Retired, Well Actually Long, Long Weekend

First thanks to you and your kind words and a few surprises in email my birthday was even more of a success. Thank you everyone.

I have been a little preoccupied so I did not write so it is time for a quickie. Well quick update that is.

I celebrated the birthday on Sunday and had a lovely time. Visited with a friend, got a few presents. All and all a very nice day indeed.

I had a chance to watch my niece on Monday and get a few items knocked off the to do list at my parents including getting the central vac working again. I also was in heaven. I worked with a new program that I have been just learning, Adobe Photoshop Elements. I showed my brother-in-law a few things and he ran with it. All together four of us worked on putting together a advertisement for the National Cheerleaders program in Nashville. It was amazing what the program can do and I was impressed all we could figure out. Love, love, love the program.

The next day, the 4th, was insane. I had a parade to see in the morning including shooting over 550 pictures. I have always loved photography since I was a kid. Now is no exception with me current camera, a Cannon Digital Rebel XT. It is a dream taking pictures but I have so much to learn still.

In the parade was a group that I was taking pictures for, the Downriver Community Band (DCB) directed by my high school band director, James Skura. They didn't play near me but I did manage to get some pictures just the same.

After the parade it was back to the folks to finish up a few things and then off to a party at some friends house I camp with every year. I did not end up swimming but the conversation, food and drink was very good and before I knew it, it was time to leave. Part way back to my Sisters I discovered I had forgot my shoes. How can you forget your shoes?

After retrieving my shoes I was a little late making it back to my Sisters. They wondered why it took so long since we both left the party at the same time. That put us late going to the park to see the DCB although we still found some up close parking, sort of. We had an hour to kill and I got a snow cone and a pop and just looked around. I talked with the President of the DCB and it just felt wonderful how appreciative he was that I was taking pictures for them.

The concert was lovely and flew by. The first half I took aver 350 pictures. I was wondering everywhere. At one point someone said they thought I was climbing a tree. I did not go that far but I did manage to get 50 super pictures, a lot of good pictures and only had 10 that I pitched. Not to shabby. My yesterday was spent going through the pictures so I can get a few CDs off to the band. Anyway, a quick turn of the chairs and we were set for the fireworks. They were nice with whistlers, loud bright ones, large ones, shimmery ones, some heart shaped ones. Just about everything but palm trees. Luck would have it some people were shooting off their illegal high priced fireworks and they had palm trees.

Half way in the fireworks had a mini grand finalle. Now having seen the Trenton fireworks before I knew better. Sure enough the low grand finalle was not the end and they licked it up a notch, BAM! After about 20 to 25 minutes the Grand Finalle hit and it was like someone puked up color. (sorry for the awful visual) There was color everywhere and it was hard to take it all in. Manny BOOM, BOOM, BOOMs latter and it was all over. Not the best I have seen but very nice indeed.

I spent the night at my Sisters and them drove into work Wednesday morning. I hate doing that since I never can sleep the day before going into work if I am not at home.

Anyway that is a mini of my very enjoyable long, long weekend. Sorry I made it so long. Oh boy, we are almost back into another weekend. Yea!


James Bond... just in time for the fireworks --Die Another Day
49 Comments:
Blogger Manny said...

Well if it's gonna be a quicky just make sure it counts. LMAO

Good morning sweetie.

I backed out going to see the fire works. Now someone is mad and pouty at me. There is nothing like seeing someone's TRUE colors when they don't get what they want.

Good thing I am finding out now.

Have a great day!

July 07, 2006 8:03 AM  
Blogger barman said...

I would be all pouty too if you backed out of doing something with me!!!

Serious, take it all in. We all have our plus side and our minus side. Have a great day Manny.

July 07, 2006 8:20 AM  
Blogger GAB said...

Your birthday sounds as good as mine was. (I plan to update and tell all soon) I too just received a new camera I got a kodak with the dock and printer so I can print all my own pic's. Im am so still learning...in fact right now hubby is only one who knows how to print the pic's. I promise to tell all on our fireworks, although yours sound better already. lol

July 07, 2006 12:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad to hear you had such a great time celebrating the 4th and your birthday.
Gosh you were really busy and yes, how DOES one forget their shoes.LOL
:)
tc

July 07, 2006 1:45 PM  
Blogger Manny said...

I would'nt have backed out on you sweetie. What's your IM addy?

July 07, 2006 9:33 PM  
Blogger barman said...

My yahoo IM Is barman6vw but I have not been on much lately. I will try and change that.

July 07, 2006 10:31 PM  
Blogger Wenchy said...

Sounds like you had fun

July 08, 2006 2:50 AM  
Blogger barman said...

Hi Tina, I have seen you around. Glad you stopped by. Wow a week long celebration. Now that sounds like fun. I love Crabby, she is always such a hoot. We decided we gte a long like brother and sister and that is where that came from.

Hey, first I would love it if you would come by again. Second, I do not know if you deleted your blog or just have not started but I hope you try posting some yourself. You never know where it will lead you.

Thanks for stopping by and thanks for the nice comments.

July 08, 2006 10:26 AM  
Blogger barman said...

Hi GAB, glad you had a great time. I would love to hear about it. I can't wait. A new camera, how exciting. He good news about the docing station and printer. I think that is pretty easy to use so you will be printing in no time. Kodak makes a good camera. You should have a good time.

I know a bunch about my camera but I have so much to learn. I wanted to attempt taking pictures of the fireworks but I could not figure out how to get the camera in the "bulb" setting. My next challange ... a wedding in just under 2 weeks.

Bring on them there fireworks. They are all good.

July 08, 2006 10:34 AM  
Blogger barman said...

Top Cat, I know about the shoes. In my defense I made a concious decision not to wear shoes when I drove back to my Sisters but you still would think I would remember. What I find even more strange is how I remembered I did not have the shoes before I got back to my Sisters. Thank goodness. I hope your holiday went well. Take care TC.

July 08, 2006 10:36 AM  
Blogger barman said...

Hi Wenchy, it was fun. Wish you could have been there. To bad you could not come visit people in the United States some day. You are always welcome.

July 08, 2006 10:38 AM  
Blogger The Guardian said...

Happy Belated Birthday!

And I was just checking out the Adobe Photoshop Elements the other day wondering how good it really was!

Glad you liked it...think I might just get it! Now...where to get a really good deal...hmmm...

hugs!

July 09, 2006 1:03 PM  
Blogger barman said...

Hi Cutie, so far the best I have done is through eBay. I had a trial version and I just bought a actual copy. By the way, if you are interested you can download a 30 trial copy from Adobe to make sure it works for you.

Anyway you can find Elements 4.0 for just about $50 if you want to use the buy it now feature and this includes the shipping, etc. You can get it for less possibly if you bid on one and are lucky. What they are selling you is an OEM version I believe. To keep it legal they also are selling you a small digital camera so that the software is coming with hardware like OEM is suppose to be.

What I got was the Adobe Photoshop Elements 4.0 and Premiere 2.0 so mine came to $84. Premiere allows me to work with video, not just pictures (maybe some day) and allows me to burn slide shows to DVD which I am interested in.

July 09, 2006 1:22 PM  
Blogger Manny said...

Happy Sunday evening!!!!!

Just wanted to say hi.

HI !!!!

July 09, 2006 7:28 PM  
Blogger Manny said...

more comments

July 09, 2006 8:28 PM  
Blogger Manny said...

just feeling playful

July 09, 2006 8:28 PM  
Blogger Manny said...

lot's of comments

July 09, 2006 8:28 PM  
Blogger barman said...

poke poke poke

July 09, 2006 8:28 PM  
Blogger Manny said...

still more

July 09, 2006 8:28 PM  
Blogger Manny said...

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh ha haa aha ah

July 09, 2006 8:29 PM  
Blogger barman said...

Oh boy, now things are melting down

July 09, 2006 8:29 PM  
Blogger Manny said...

I'm online now

July 09, 2006 8:29 PM  
Blogger Manny said...

can you tell?

July 09, 2006 8:29 PM  
Blogger barman said...

You must have had a great day...

July 09, 2006 8:29 PM  
Blogger Manny said...

are you getting nervous?

July 09, 2006 8:29 PM  
Blogger Manny said...

I am not a stalker

July 09, 2006 8:29 PM  
Blogger Manny said...

more comments

July 09, 2006 8:30 PM  
Blogger Manny said...

ha hahhha haaha

July 09, 2006 8:30 PM  
Blogger barman said...

It said you were for a moment than went away. My comments say different

July 09, 2006 8:30 PM  
Blogger Manny said...

want me to stop?

July 09, 2006 8:30 PM  
Blogger barman said...

A stalker ... now I am somebody

July 09, 2006 8:31 PM  
Blogger Manny said...

I accepted your IM. did you get it?

July 09, 2006 8:31 PM  
Blogger Manny said...

can't tell

July 09, 2006 8:31 PM  
Blogger Manny said...

tee hee

July 09, 2006 8:31 PM  
Blogger barman said...

Yes I did. Are you there it does not show

July 09, 2006 8:31 PM  
Blogger Manny said...

NO! I am not drinking vodka

July 09, 2006 8:31 PM  
Blogger barman said...

I would do rum myself

July 09, 2006 8:32 PM  
Blogger Manny said...

I'm invisible. I stay that way.

I am wearing my sunglasses.

July 09, 2006 8:32 PM  
Blogger barman said...

Mighty nice pair I might add

July 09, 2006 8:33 PM  
Blogger Manny said...

NO!!! Absolut vodka 100 prood and diet cranberry juice for me.

July 09, 2006 8:37 PM  
Blogger barman said...

That sounds good. Better pour two

July 09, 2006 8:38 PM  
Blogger Manny said...

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh ha ha ha

July 09, 2006 8:56 PM  
Blogger Manny said...

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh ah ah ah ah

July 09, 2006 8:56 PM  
Blogger Manny said...

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh ah ah ah ah

July 09, 2006 8:56 PM  
Blogger Manny said...

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh ah ah ah ah

July 09, 2006 8:57 PM  
Blogger Manny said...

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh ah ah ah ah

July 09, 2006 8:57 PM  
Blogger GAB said...

did you get your camera on ebay? Thats where we got ours. very good price to. did you say you had YIM? can I add you?

July 09, 2006 10:44 PM  
Blogger barman said...

I did get the camera online but not eBay. I found a better price from some mail order place in New York I believe. I do go to eBay often. I can do pretty good there sometimes. As a matter of fact I just bought 3 items over the weekend. It was all software dealing with working with digital pictures.

Yes I have Yahoo IM and go right ahead. I am barman6vw.

July 09, 2006 10:48 PM  
Blogger mkecurler said...

wow! My 4th consisted of Bingo at Summerfest. We watched the fireworks across the city from our upstairs windows. That was cool.

July 09, 2006 11:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home