Bryan's Little Corner

Welcome to Bryan's Little Corner 

Monday, July 10, 2006

That Was Scarry

Yesterday out of the blue this blog just messed up. All you saw was HTML all over the screen. I thought maybe it was my machine so I restarted the computer, no change. Since I was using FireFox, I thought I would try Internet Explorer ... same thing. So I figured no problem, just go dig up my template that I saved and reload it and I will be all set. I could not find my backup.

Now panic set in. What was I going to do? I went in and looked at the template. It seemed to be fine. I viewed the blog using that template and it looked fine so I saved the template and republished the blog. I think it was the republishing that fixed it. I was back in business.

Just a PSA. Don't do what I did. I thought I made a backup of my template but I could not find it. I am wondering if I did it at work. I mean I know I made a backup. Anyway make sure you make backups just in case. I noticed blogger is good at messing things up. One time I had a post from the past that out of the blue had bad HTML code in it. A republish fixed that also. Kind of scary, at least it was for me.


Though I know should be wary, Still I venture someplace scary! Ghostly hauntings I turn loose Beetlejuice! Beetlejuice! Beetlejuice! --Beetlejuice
4 Comments:
Blogger Manny said...

Good Morning !!!

Thanks for the E card. That was nice of you. Very thoughtful.

You play on the blog at work?
Bad Barman Bad!

I confess I do the email.

July 10, 2006 7:54 AM  
Blogger GAB said...

Back ups? Ive never never done a backup! Yikes. Maybe I better start doing that. I know one time at band camp oh wait I never went to band camp...LOL One time I wrote a tribute to my sisters and posted it. about 3 hours later I went to reread it and it was gone. I happened to be talking to my sister and I asked her to check hers and she said yeah it was gone. BUT she had already read it. But still its no longer on my blog site. Why? I'll never know. But even with that loss I never thought about backups. TY I will do that right now.

July 10, 2006 11:16 AM  
Blogger SignGurl said...

How are you?

I back my template up and save it as a Yahoo email. Then it's just floating around in cyber space if I ever need it.

July 10, 2006 12:27 PM  
Blogger Crabby said...

What's a back up?

I don't need no stinkin back up. Milky fixes all my screw ups. ahhhhhhhhhhhh ha ha ha ha ha!

Course, if she ever goes anywhere. Egads! I can't think about this. I'll get all stressed.

July 10, 2006 5:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home