Bryan's Little Corner

Welcome to Bryan's Little Corner 

Wednesday, August 23, 2006

School Update


Here I am almost half way through my week, half way through the 2 classes I am taking. I thought I would post a quickly on how things are going.

I have been trying to get my sleep but still get up early and do a little studying. You see, I am a morning person. I can stay up late but I really do not function well at night. I have learned how to CHEAT. Yes, that is right, I AM A CHEATER.


Here is how the class is set up. We get 10 percent lecture, 75 percent hands on, and 25 percent review. Each lesson has not only the files that we start with and alter but it also has the resource files that allow you to figure out what you are doing and it has the solution.

I have been looking at the step I have to do, going to the solution, copy and paste into the files I am working with. That is the CHEATING part. But then I look at the book and at the code to make sure I understand what is happening and make sure I understand it. Until I do understand it I do not move on.

Now I have been to class before and tried to keep up. Usually I just barely finish the tasks and do not always understand what I just did. I am just going back into the material we just covered and mimicking something I find in the book. My goal is to finish the class and at least understand enough so I can repeat the courses over the next couple of weeks on my own after work. At that time I will not be cheating. I will be doing all the work myself with the aid of the resource material. I think I will get a lot out of the course that way and you know what, that means I should be able to brush up on things in the future.

OK, now for the fun part. We are almost over with the first course, Data Access with VB.2005 and ADO.NET. That is the easy part. I have already been doing some of that but still I have been learning. This will be very good for me. Now the hard part starts. The second class is on writing WEB applications with ASP.NET. I have only written a couple of WEB apps and they were minor in nature. I should know a lot more before going into this course. This is going to be a struggle. I will learn tons in it but it may take me some time to get it absorbed. This is the course I have been fearing the most.

So recap, first course almost completed ... with CHEATING but I actually think the way I am doing it is working for me. The second course is just about to start. Yikes!

Well off to do some more studying. Happy hump day everyone.


I don't know Drake, all this cheating makes me feel... dirty. --Drake & Josh
7 Comments:
Blogger GAB said...

Good Morning Barman! Well you know what ever works! I hate the mornings personally but then again I dont sleep at night so mornings are the only time I sleep. Glad to hear school is mostly going well. Have a great day.

August 23, 2006 7:41 AM  
Blogger Roxi said...

good lord!!

good luck babe!

August 23, 2006 1:44 PM  
Blogger Brighton said...

DO watcha gotta do!!

August 23, 2006 3:13 PM  
Blogger Manny said...

ahhhhhhhhhhhh ha ha hah ah a
boo hoohooohoohohoo crying here.

I will be in need of these pics so keep them handy.
sniffle, boo hoo hoooh ooo

Dunce cap in the corner.

ahhhhhh ah hahha boo hoohooohooo

August 23, 2006 5:35 PM  
Blogger SignGurl said...

Good luck with the next class.

August 23, 2006 6:50 PM  
Blogger John C. Goacher said...

May the programming and management gods take their vengeance upon thee. Thou ought to be thrashed with a wet Cat5 cable.

Hope you do not mind, but I have sent a link to this post to the appropriate people in your organization. Maybe they'll say something and maybe they won't.

August 23, 2006 11:14 PM  
Blogger Suze said...

Bryan, from what I have read here, you sound as if you know what you are talking about. I don't have a clue.

Good luck with the rest of the courses. I'm sure you will be fine.

August 24, 2006 3:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home