Bryan's Little Corner

Welcome to Bryan's Little Corner 

Friday, August 25, 2006

Thirsty Thursday

One more update on school. I survived my first day of the second class. Not only that but I was doing the work too. Now I was slow. Out of the 11 people that are in class, I had the least amount of experiemce with building WEB applications. So it does not surprise me that I did not get things finished but, I came close. And the interesting part is I was not the slowest person in the class.

I am learning lots in the class, even some stuff indirectly. I have struggled designing WEB pages before trying to get things where I wanted them to be. I used the visual designer and never could get things right. Well yesterday I found out you really can not do parts of the design with the visual designer. Of course this made things a lot more tedious but I actually was able to accomplish what I could not before. Well I will stop there as this is TMI. I do not want to bore people with my profession.

In a funny way I am so proud of what I accomplished so far. I am finding it easier to me than the first class and that is a shoker to me. The more intersting part is I am sitting thinking the one complex program I have, the one that really needs to be re-written anyway... maybe I can change the way it is written and turn it into a WEB application. Now there would be challanges for sure but still. So yes, I think the class has accomplished what it should be and I still have one full day to go.

The best part of yesterday was happened when I left class for the night. It was Thirsty Thursday at the ball park, $2.00 beer drafts all night. At a ball park that is one sweet deal for sure.

I was not sure I was going to go. When I got home from class I changed, took some food out of the crock pot (but saved my appitite for some good old ball park food) did a couple of other things quickly and headed out for the park. Now here is the rub, it was raining. Not real hard but still it was one of the Michigan rains where it looks like it is going to rain all night, not one of those Florida rains that are hit and run.

As I got closer to the park I stated to rain harder. Now normally I may have turned around but I was meeting up with Jenny. She is one super person that I am really fortunate to work with. So I was looking forward to meeting her spouse, grabbing some beer and some ball park food and just kicking back.

You know what? Her spouse was such a super guy. It is official, they are the most super couple I know other than my best friends in Kentucky that is. You know it must be something about the name because there is someone else I know (SG) who is one super person too and her spouse was a pleasure to meet earlier this year.

Jenny and I talked a bit and that was fun in itself. One thing that came up is she works with 3 other people. They never do anything in the form of a Christmas party and she is dissapointed. She would love to do more with the people she works with. Well the group that I directly work with (we are 16 strong last I checked) have a Christmas Party almost every year. I think I cam going to try and smuggle Jenny and hubby in. Besides, I get the feeling they are the life of a party anyway. Again, it must be the name.

Well the game was suppose to start at 7:05 but it went from wet to out and out pouring. We were all up under the large awning taking advantage of Thirsty Thursday and it was fun. I met some other friends of my coworker that were also there and they were all neat people. I ended up getting along well as when ever I went up for a beer I brought back two. I never had a hard time finding a home for the other beer either. You know, even though it was raining and was looking like a rain out and I was having a good time.

Well it rained pretty hard for probably an hour and then they had to try and get the field ready to play. Finally things got under way at about 9:00. I had my philly steak sandwich (I know Denny, not the real thing but I love it just the same) and I watched some B Ball. I left after 6 innings because it was getting late and I needed to keep in mind I have the last of my class today but what a super night and what super people too.

Well back to reality, it is class time. I am so looking forward to this now. Then it is time for a wonderful weekend with a little rain sprinled in there for flavor. Everyone have a great weekend.

P.S. Sorry for the jumbled mess but I am just typing as I think. I did not try and organize my thoughts.


If you put your mind to it, you can accomplish anything. --Back to the future
8 Comments:
Blogger SignGurl said...

You are so lucky you saved yourself by adding that little addendum about super couples, lol!

That sounds like a great night even though the rain messed things up.

You should be very proud of your accomplishments in your classes. Just think about how smart you are getting!

August 25, 2006 10:50 AM  
Blogger barman said...

He SG, I did not get a chance to talk with Mr Sign very much but what I saw I really liked. He seems like an OK guy. He must be or you would kick him to the curb. :)

August 25, 2006 4:46 PM  
Blogger Manny said...

So this means you will be able to design me a really cool blog right? Right? RIGHT!!!???

August 25, 2006 5:14 PM  
Blogger barman said...

Sorry Manny. Today I had to miss an hour of class dealing with silly work related things. I think they covered blogger while I was out.

August 25, 2006 8:13 PM  
Blogger John C. Goacher said...

Good job on the class BAR - and on finding a deal on beer.

Did the Lugnuts win?

August 25, 2006 10:39 PM  
Blogger Manny said...

Fine then. Doesn't much matter as I've been thinking about shutting it down anyway.

Happy Saturday.

August 26, 2006 5:35 AM  
Blogger indiansfan said...

barman, sounds like you had a great class. and a great thirsty Thursday. And Manny is just yanking your chain! Have a gret weekend!

August 26, 2006 9:17 AM  
Blogger Suze said...

Bryan, it sounds like the course has really been useful to you. It's only when you go away and apply what you learned that it all sinks in properly.

Glad to hear you had a good thirsty Thursday.

August 27, 2006 12:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home