Bryan's Little Corner

Welcome to Bryan's Little Corner 

Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Mr Magoo

While I am trying to think of something to say I thought I would share something from my day yesterday.

A while back I had LASIK surgery done so I can see without glasses. That went pretty good but at the same time my tired eyes took over. Now I really should be using reading glasses but I have been fighting it. All that is in the past. In order to work on my computer I really do need to use reading glasses and here I thought I got rid of glasses.

Yesterday I went to the desk of one of my users to install some software on their computer to test. I remember purposely bringing my reading glasses with me. I also remember having it with me when I got to their desk but that is the last I remember having them. I retraced my steps and could not find them. Then I remembered someplace else I went and had not checked. Was it there? Heck no.

I finally gave up and posted a message to the group I work with and my users to let them know I lost my glasses. I mentioned Mr Magoo to make it sort of humorous. You remember him, don't you. He had these really thick glasses but most of the time he was walking around without them and all but blind.


Well good news, they were found and where I remembered them being. How the h e double hockey sticks where they at? Any here is the fun part. A coworker who is known to have a real sense of humor made these for me. When I saw them I insisted we get a picture and he shared it with everyone. Here is that picture.




He's a little old man. Can't you take some of the wrinkles out? You've given birth to Mr. Magoo. --Trees Lounge
15 Comments:
Blogger SignGurl said...

Ahahahahaha!!!!!!! You are so crazy!

April 04, 2007 9:06 PM  
Blogger barman said...

What could I do? Sometimes you just have to run with what you have. I am sure it gave a few people a laugh.

April 04, 2007 9:07 PM  
Blogger BTExpress said...

Love the glasses! LMAO!

April 04, 2007 11:29 PM  
Blogger barman said...

Tony, I just wish I could get the to stay on all by them selves. Oh well, it turned out ok.

April 04, 2007 11:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LMAO @ bryan and mr magoo.
Funny post bryan.:)
tc

April 05, 2007 6:57 AM  
Blogger GAB said...

I am always losing my glasses. I too only need them for reading and working on the computer. Where do I usually fine mine? On top of my head!

April 05, 2007 10:25 AM  
Blogger barman said...

Thank you TC, good times I tell you, good times.

Gab, I have not done that yet but I am sure it is coming soon.

April 05, 2007 11:04 AM  
Blogger tkkerouac said...

LMAO, we call dad Magoo for the same reasons!

April 05, 2007 11:30 AM  
Blogger jillie said...

OMG...that is too funny!! I needed that good laugh...HA!

I can remember watching Mr. Magoo as a kid. We even had a dog named that. Although he COULD see...

;o)

April 05, 2007 11:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is so funny!!! I really like it!!
HHNT!

April 05, 2007 6:12 PM  
Blogger Manny said...

Silly. When I was little, i had a slide show projector with Mr. Magoo slides. I loved that toy.

April 05, 2007 6:40 PM  
Blogger SIMPLY ME said...

Too funny, they really look like Magoo's glasses. I know what its like to loose things. I once bought a booklet on how to remember things, but couldnt remember where i stashed it and never got to read it!!! I've never lived that one down.
Have a good weekend, and a great Easter Bryan!

April 05, 2007 7:43 PM  
Blogger wmy said...

I think you should have that pic reproduced a thousand times and send it out to all the big modeling agencies...they would be all over you!! hahahahahahahah

April 05, 2007 8:14 PM  
Blogger S said...

I hope those glasses helped! HHNT Barman!

April 05, 2007 8:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LMAO! NICE pic...

April 06, 2007 10:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home