Bryan's Little Corner

Welcome to Bryan's Little Corner 

Friday, February 20, 2009

55 Flash Fiction Friday

You have admired her
from afar
all your life

It is finally time
you make your move

As you approach
you notice that
Latika and Jimmie
are holding hands

Your whole life is ruined

After a while your
kindergarten teacher,
Miss Kendra,
comes over
and asks you what is wrong

You are in love again


Boy kids are growing up way to early. I found out my niece is on her second, or is that third boyfriend and she is only 13. I know, I need to get with the times.

There was a line above... "Your whole life is ruined". Funny thing about that. Several years back I was listening to a conversation between a child and their parent. Apparently the child had done something wrong and the parent said the child was grounded. It was then that the child said their whole life was ruined. That particular moment stuck in my head. Compared to being worried about a job, paying bills, that child on the way, and oh so many more things happening to people every day this whole grounding seems to be such high melodrama.


I am in such a rut. Every time I do a 55, even when I try and change it up... they all seem to look the same. I would love to be able to write wonderful masterpieces like some of the others I have read but it all seems to escape me. Still it is fun to do and enjoyable to visit everyone's 55's for the week.

I hope you do give this a try. It really is not that hard to do. What I find the most challenging is to develop a little story in 55 words but it can be done. James, Mona, and G-man are three people that come to mind right off that do wonderful things with just 55 words. There are so many more talented people out there too. If you decided to participate just put together a 55 word story with at least one character and a plot. If I can do it I know you can too. Once you post your 55 then go visit G-Man and let him know you have participated so others know to come visit your 55 too. Then take a gander at some of the other wonderful 55ers that participated that week. You won't regret it.

Oh one last thing. I just fell in love with the name Latika when I watched Slumdog Millionaire so I just had to use it here. I guess it just rolls off my tongue so well.

Take care and have a wonderful weekend everyone.

Labels:

9 Comments:
Blogger Mona said...

You are so right about them growing up so fast these days...I heard that a twelve year old boy became a father just a few days back!

February 20, 2009 8:50 AM  
Blogger Lulda Casadaga said...

If I had the opportunities and the smarts of todays kids I sure would not be sittin here at this desk! :(
Anyway, that's life...
I think your 55's are wonderful.
I could really feel for the kid...
I usually don't come up with something for 55's till the last minute...I guess it is channeled in. :D Congrats on being an Uncle!

February 20, 2009 12:07 PM  
Blogger Reverend Michael Kilgore said...

Barman-Mona is the best, but you, my friend, are no slouch! Nice job!

February 20, 2009 12:59 PM  
Blogger barman said...

Mona, isn't that something else. He could be a grandpa by the time he is 25. Yikes.

Lulda Casadaga I guess I am happy sitting at the desk and not having a much more physically demanding job. Although sometimes when my brain starts a hurting I might not mind a less mentally challanging job. By the way happy birthday and your 55 is wonderful.

Thank you Mike but I yearn for something different at least once. I suppose I need to spend a little more time on it. I identify with you 55 a lot to. Most interesting.

February 20, 2009 1:49 PM  
Blogger lime said...

oh those kindergarten romances can be so lasting. my oldest pined for her k-garten boyfriend for years after he moved away.

also, congrats to your brother and his wife on the baby to be. :)

February 20, 2009 2:48 PM  
Blogger g-man said...

Just shut-up about your 55's and keep them coming. This isn't about getting graded, it's about having fun!!!
I'm glad you think so highly of mine because personally, I'm just having fun myself...
As long as you write from the heart, thats all that matters.
Thanks for being such a good friend, and thanks for always playing so well. Have a Great Week-End....G

February 20, 2009 2:50 PM  
Blogger Pam said...

this is the most adorable 55 :) funny you should mention your niece and her bfs. my stepson is the same...last year i think he had 5 gf, this year around 4 maybe 5 i don't know...i lost count. sometimes they were the same ones. he changes them like dirty underwear. lol as much as they're 'trying' to grow up fast, they still have a lot to learn.

February 20, 2009 3:53 PM  
Blogger Mary said...

This on cracked me up. I have 2 kids about that age, and it is so true.

February 20, 2009 7:06 PM  
Blogger Donnetta said...

This reminded me of my first true love-in the first grade in a little school in upstate New York. His name was Kevin. My heart was broken when we moved to Oklahoma and I had to leave Kevin behind. I still think about though and wonder how life's journey treated him. He was a true love. Neat 55, Barman. D

February 22, 2009 10:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home