Bryan's Little Corner

Welcome to Bryan's Little Corner 

Saturday, February 14, 2009

My plate is full but I am not sure with what

Boy, in a weeks time I went from being pretty buried by snow, to all of the snow being melted and at least one day where the temperatures hit 60, to now we have 2 inches or so on the ground again. I just hope it gets it out of its system. I would really love to see a nice warm day for probably March 14. That is probably when this little town near me does a St Patricks Day parade and other things including a Irish Judging contest. If found the Irish Stew last year and might I say yum. You vote on the stew you like the most by giving them a buck. The one with the most money wins. Actually everyone wins because I believe that money goes to charity anyway.



Today is Valentines Day. So lets see, first just a little history from Wikipedia.

(Saint) Valentine's Day is a holiday celebrated on February 14 by many people throughout the world. In the West, it is the traditional day on which lovers express their love for each other by sending Valentine's cards, presenting flowers, or offering confectionery. The day was originally a pagan festival that was renamed after two Early Christian martyrs named Valentine. The day became associated with romantic love in the circle of Geoffrey Chaucer in the High Middle Ages, when the tradition of courtly love flourished.

Is everything a PAGAN FESTIVAL? Well at least being Catholic it seems most things that are celebrated by the church are Pagan in nature. Even the mass for the most part seems to have pegan origins to some extent.

Now I just have to know. Where are my Valentines? I checked my mail box and there were none. My and Charlie Brown, that darn mail box never is filled with even one Valentines card. Actually that is not true. I think I have seen a couple a while ago.



Work continues to kill me. Just when I think I have dug myself out, I run into another problem. It seems like I am always in the put out the fire mode and it is not always something I can do anything about. That continues to leave me drained when I do get out of work meaning very few visits and no posts. I does not help that I am trying to take a photo of a picture I recently had framed. The glass really makes it a challenge to do with the reflections of the camera and what ever I use to light the combination. I finally did get an OK picture but I have more to do. Luckily this also gets me set up to try and do portrait photography, something I have always wanted to play with. Of course I am going to do this on a shoe string. The photo lights are daylight compact florescent bulbs. I am using clamp on lights and attaching them to two touche lights I have. The backdrop will be sheets attached to a extension pole. At the moment I do not know how I will hole up the pole.

Once I play with this a little with me as the victim subject and learn what I am doing, I think it might be time to get just a little bit of real live equipment. I think either a backdrop stand or light stands might be nice. Then I will move on from that to family. Soon no one will be safe! Run now while you still can.



I had bad news and good news happen in the last couple of weeks. First bad news, I received a Err 99 from my camera. I believe this is an error caused by the one lens I have. Now the good news, the lens is a year and a half old and I have a 6 year limited warranty on it. For the cost of postage and insurance I can probably get the lens repaired. Yea.

The bad news, my Mom, with her degenerative lung disease she has a hard time with winters. Last week she spent a day in the hospital and a afternoon in the emergency room a few days later. Then she was had problems with the medication and ended up back with the doctor. It might be that she was being over medicated and he took her off one of the medicines. I think she is doing better but we will see. None the less she is not in the hospital so this is good news indeed.

Work has been bad news this week but the weekend is here and I get a little break which is good news.

So I guess I have had a balanced week.



Well I am off to celebrate three birthdays. My brothers wife who had a birthday on December 26, my Brother who had a birthday on January 26, and my Sisters who’s birthday will be February 26. Would you look at that. Maybe I should go play the lottery and pick 26 or 026.

Have a nice weekend and a wonderful Valentines Day.
2 Comments:
Blogger lime said...

sorry to hear about your mom. hopefully warmer and easier breathing weather is around the corner. it does sound like 26 is the number for your family.

February 17, 2009 9:01 AM  
Blogger S said...

Happy Birthday to everyone!

Hope your mom is feeling better soon. Perhaps it will warm up for her.
Came by to give you 20 degrees, not 10 of warmth!
Hope it helps

Love Susie

February 18, 2009 7:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home