Bryan's Little Corner

Welcome to Bryan's Little Corner 

Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Stir Fry

Yesterday was interesting. I had my first stir fry. Now I have ate stir fry before. I just have never attempted one before. I had to make a trip to the store to get the ingredients. I do not generally use ginger and chili oil, never heard of it. I must say the chili oil had a nice taste to it.

I mixed out the ingredients, cut up the ingredients, par boiled the asparagus (which by the way also a first for me, never made asparagus before) and was all ready. Of course while I was doing this I managed to have two IM conversations too so that may have slowed things down just a little.

Well at first I think I over heated the oil in the wok. I turned the heat down and poured my first ingredient in. After that it was pretty much go, go, go. I dirtied more containers once again as I cooked ingredients and transfered things to and fro but in the end I had a mighty taste dish. I love it. I shall have to do this again but maybe the next time with pea pods. Here is the recipe I made yesterday.


I'd just like you to stir-fry a few ideas in my think-wok. --Drop the Dead Donkey
5 Comments:
Blogger GAB said...

I checked out the recipe and I would take out the asparagus(I dont like it hubby does)and use pea pods. I have done another recipe with pork chops and you only need a large fry pan but it is wonderful. If you'd like recipe I could email it to you.

July 19, 2006 6:03 PM  
Blogger BTExpress said...

Chicks love a man that can cook ya know. Men love a chick that can cook too for that matter. Something about being lazy or something.

July 19, 2006 9:25 PM  
Blogger barman said...

Debby that was me until just yesterday. I liked them just never did one. Now I am thinking of taking my Wok on the road. LOL

GAB, pea pods. I love pea pods. As a matter of fact when I bought the ingredients for the stir fry I also bought some pea pods. So would you do the same thing par boiling them. I would love the recipe if you do not mind. Please and thank you.

July 19, 2006 9:29 PM  
Blogger barman said...

Hey Tony, you snuck in on me. Being a party of one I do not do a lot of cooking but I generally do decent when I do. I love trying new things although I do have a few things I consider my specialty like Garlic Roasted Chicken with Gravy. Despite it being a Weight Watchers recipe it is super.

July 19, 2006 10:33 PM  
Blogger GAB said...

Barman as soon as I figure out what I did with the actual recipe I'll give it too you. If you want it the way I make it off the top of my head then I;ll send it tomorrow.

July 19, 2006 11:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home