Bryan's Little Corner

Welcome to Bryan's Little Corner 

Monday, July 17, 2006

There be Squirrel's Here

It happened yesterday and today. I saw my squirrels again. Well actually I saw a squirrel. Even in the morning they just have not been around until yesterday. I looked and there was a squirrel climbing up the telephone pole, sitting on top for a minute, coming down and back into the tree. But you see the thing is they typically do this over and over again. There usually are several of them and they are chasing each other. But not yesterday, I only saw one but I did finally see one.


Today, to my surprise, I looked up and there was a squirrel on my deck rail. Now normally that occurs many times in a day, even many times in a morning but again this only happened once.

The squirrel ran around a little bit and then went for the dirt bath. So what is that you may wonder?



A while back I put up planters on the deck rail. Well that never really worked to well and I just left the planter in place but did not plant anything in it. I thought about taking them down but surprise, surprise. The planters are being used buy the squirrels like a dirt bird bath. They come and sit in it. They dig in it. I think they plant things in there. In general they seem to enjoy it so I have left it.


As the day progressed I noticed the squirrel also running through the yard next to me. In general it was interesting to see the squirrel around again but I am curious where all the squirrels are. I guess it is just to hot but I would think they would at least be out in the morning. Anyway it was nice to see at least one back.


Admiral, there be whales here --Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home
13 Comments:
Blogger Wenchy said...

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh I love it. I saw a squirrel for the first time at the zoo not so long ago.. imagine them just running in the garden. Wow.

July 17, 2006 3:39 PM  
Blogger barman said...

I have grown to enjoy seeing them playing around in the tree line in back of my house and have found it interesting watching them show up on my deck. I guess that is why I have noticed they were gone.

It is funny how things I take for granted are so different where you are Wenchy. Things like squirrels and snow. Common place here, very unusual there.

July 17, 2006 3:45 PM  
Blogger SignGurl said...

Beautiful back yard. Now, if you can just get rid of the critters :-)

July 17, 2006 6:55 PM  
Blogger barman said...

Critters have been around before me. I have a groundhog or something but I have not seen it in a while. I have moles on occasion. I have rabbits, squirrels, birds, cats, mice, skunks (never seen then but...), deer near by. I think it is more likely to get rid of the people then the critters.

Oh the last two pictures are over looking the phone company property and the trees in the first few are on the property in back of me. All and all it is nice, just not as nice as pictured.

July 17, 2006 7:52 PM  
Blogger indiansfan said...

the squirrels are fun to watch. we have alot of them around our area. They drive my dogs nuts. they run around the top of the privacy fence and the dogs try to catch them. plus they play in the tree in the front yard and the dogs stand at the picture window and bark. that can be irritating, but it's funny too. Great yard and pics!

July 17, 2006 8:22 PM  
Blogger Manny said...

They may be burying their nuts. LOL

I told you they were keeping an eye on you.

My ground hog went missing once for about 2 weeks. I was just starting to feel sad over it, picturing him laying dead in the street somewhere, but he's back!!!

July 17, 2006 9:04 PM  
Blogger barman said...

I wish that was that was my yard Indiansfan but with no fence between me and the phone company and there is almost never anyone on the property it is almost like it is mine and I do not have to cut. I would imagine the dogs would drive you crazy on occasion trying to get to the squirrels.

Manny I know that. Did you see that one is standing at my picture window looking in at me. Call Squirrle of please... please. LOL I need to pay attention at dusk to see if the ground hog is around. I notice the whole where it lives does not grow over so I assume it is still there.

July 17, 2006 9:12 PM  
Blogger GAB said...

We have one squirrel who will come up on the top of our fence which comes up to the end of our house and happens to be right by a living room window and tease my cats in the house. he will chatter away at the cats like ha ha you cant get me. you can not believe how many times Pumpkin has jumped at the window just to fall to the floor and shake his head like what the hell just happened? LOL

July 17, 2006 9:52 PM  
Blogger barman said...

So is that what the squirrel is doing when it looks in my window, trying to get me to jump at the window? I am not doing it! LOL

July 17, 2006 10:35 PM  
Blogger Crabby said...

I agree with Sign. Beautiful back yard. You do nice work there, barman!

Should be easy for them to refind their nuts if they're burying them in the planter. LOL! How cute!

Did you know that when squirrels dig up nuts they are not digging up the ones they buried? It's a crap shoot for them. They dig where they think a nut "might" be buried not remembering where they put their own.

Groundhogs are really cool too. They not only decorate their lair but they dig a seperate room for their bathroom. Cool critters.

July 18, 2006 3:19 PM  
Blogger Manny said...

Hello Barman!!!!!

Squirrel is watching you. ha ha

Oh wait a minunte, she is at the Wall Mart. ha ha

July 18, 2006 8:54 PM  
Blogger barman said...

Crabbs, I think I have lazy Squirrel's. I knew they did not remember. So if there is only one squirrel that it better not hide them in to many spots or it might starve. I think you and Manny are trying to make me leave my groundhog alone.

Welcome Mrs. Dive_Goddess. Glad the wedding and the entire weekend went well. Congratulations.

Hi SignGurl. Glad to see you again.

Manny, the picture was from a little while ago so it could very well be Squirrel. Of course if she did not share with you then it must not have been her. My WalMart is small. Sure wish it was larger. I still would not touch everything hoever.

July 18, 2006 9:01 PM  
Blogger Manny said...

Good Morning!!!!!!!

July 19, 2006 7:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home