Bryan's Little Corner

Welcome to Bryan's Little Corner 

Friday, April 06, 2007

Wild Hogs

Yesterday, despite having things to do, I made a trip to the near by town’s movie house. So what did I see? I’m not telling...

OK, maybe I will. I went to see Wild Hogs. Now I could not help but think of old g-man being joined by three friends and going on a cross country ride. Anyway, just where my head took me. Now I try never to give away to much in case someone wants to see a movie so here goes.


In the movie we have several middle age men that decide where has life gone. There solution is to ride, ride like the wind and make a road trip to the west coast.



Now I have seen some reviews that think this movie was a laugh riot, the best they have ever seen and others that think it is a dud. Myself I think I would give it a 7 or so on a scale of 1 to 10. The are a lot of humors parts but I thought they could have done better especially considering the cast. Certain parts of it just did not make sense to me, They also hammer in a few running gags more than I thought need be. Yet at the same time other things could have been done better. I did like the ending that played in the credits however.




Over all it did what it should have, it distracted me for an evening. I walked away in a good mood and ready to face ... well I am not sure what I was ready to face. So there you have it, Wild Hogs, funny but room for improvement.


Hey, I took my law enforcement course on the internet! For arms training they just told us to play Doom! –Wild Hogs
19 Comments:
Blogger SignGurl said...

I want to see that movie. Friends told me it was quite funny.

April 06, 2007 7:53 AM  
Blogger jillie said...

I've been wanting to see it just because of the group that I ride with. Mid to over the hill group of guys...most retired and we have a blast! We take day trips to Mexico and through the back county of San Diego. A usual run in about 250 miles. By the time we are done, I usually have biker butt...

Have a great wknd! ;o)

April 06, 2007 10:45 AM  
Blogger barman said...

Jenn and Jillie, I sound so negative on this post. I did like it but parts of it did not do much for me like Travota. I expected more. Over all though I would say go see it if you can. Of course it probably will hit video before long.

Jillie, I think you will love it. I will not be exactly the same as your day trips but I think you will have a very fun time with it then. Biker butt... cute. Boy if you are half as fun in your job as you are here it must be interesting at work to say the least.

April 06, 2007 10:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It looks like a fun movie but like you say with this cast it should be very funny.
Have a great weekend.
tc

April 06, 2007 12:35 PM  
Blogger Roxi said...

odd.. interesting.. hmm..

so anyway...

April 06, 2007 5:49 PM  
Blogger The Cat said...

But it ain't it great to just sit in the cinema and get away from the world for an hour and a half.

April 06, 2007 7:11 PM  
Blogger Manny said...

My favorite part was the guy singing 'Pony' at the chili fest.

Squirrel and I went to see it last Saturday.

April 06, 2007 7:37 PM  
Blogger Jose said...

A far cry from the old movies, like Easy Rider or the Hell's Angels on wheels. With the outlaw stereotype almost gone I can see four friends taking a cross country trip just to enjoy the scenery and friendship. Alas, I have yet to go to Sturgis.

April 07, 2007 3:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for stopping by last night, it was good to see you.
I'll be posting about it later.:)
have fun this weekend.
tc

April 07, 2007 10:26 AM  
Blogger lime said...

i agree it wasn't great cinema but i enjoyed it with my daughter. some good laughs, like you said. certainly better than some lame sitcom rerun

April 07, 2007 3:48 PM  
Blogger Manny said...

I was just visiting tc. Where is my beer? I want beer and all I have is wallpaper from hell on my blog.

Happy Easter babe.

April 07, 2007 5:41 PM  
Blogger wmy said...

I am going to drag the love bud to see that movie...I like all of the actors in it. How can you go wrong with a pack of middle aged guys on hogs desperately clutching at their youth? Or clutching at anything for that matter! lol

April 08, 2007 12:11 AM  
Blogger Mona said...

Havinf fun? hmmm... do I hear Ballad of the Easy Riders?

Happy Easter to you & your family Barman. Have fun !

April 08, 2007 8:36 AM  
Blogger G-Man said...

Thats a classic example of why you should never listen to movie critics.
I have not heard one person say that they did not like it...I'll see it for sure..Have a great day Bryan......Galen

April 08, 2007 10:37 AM  
Blogger SIMPLY ME said...

HAPPY EASTER TO YOU BRYAN, A MOST SPECIAL PERSON!

April 08, 2007 1:03 PM  
Blogger GAB said...

I really want to go see this movie it looks like it would be a blast!
HAPPY EASTER BRYAN! HUGS HOPE YOUR WEEKEND IS GOING WELL

April 08, 2007 2:08 PM  
Blogger Suze said...

Bryan, I hope you are having a great Easter weekend.

Sending you big hugs and a quick flash. ;)

April 08, 2007 2:41 PM  
Blogger Manny said...

Happy Monday!

April 09, 2007 6:42 AM  
Blogger SIMON said...

Happy bank holiday over here anyway! I'm going to see the film at the weekend and I'll let you know whether I agree with you. I am quite looking forward to it.

April 09, 2007 2:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home