Bryan's Little Corner

Welcome to Bryan's Little Corner 

Monday, April 09, 2007

Busy Weekend

Wow that was a busy but nice weekend.

To start things off they let us leave early for Good Friday I assume. They do that every now and then so it was a pleasant surprise. I had plans to meet up with the boss and two of his kids at Cheeseburger in Paradise. So I finished up a few things I was busy with and headed out. The ride was uneventful as I made a pit stop to get a card and then headed to the bar.

Now on the way I was all set to get me a real nice burger. They do have probably 10 different types and my mouth was a drooling until I realized this was meatless Friday. I was so bummed but I ended up with Blackened Tilapia sandwich with some nice steamed vegetables. My the sweet red pepper just dominated the vegetables, I loved it. Now I am not a fish person but the spices on this fish were wonderful and I actually liked that fish. That and add on a couple of beers and it was a very nice lunch.

After doing a few other things I was underway. I showed up at TC’s only intending to drop off something and then be on my way but I could not turn down the invite to stop in. Silly me I did not take the coat off expecting to leave real soon but no. It sure was wonderful to see TC again and get to know Mrs. TC a bit, something I did not get to do too much of last time. But at last it was time to be on my way.

Upon arriving at my Sisters, I found out that my BIL was not feeling well and heading to sleep (bummer) and there were six 12/13 year old girls having a sleep over. Yea right, there was not much sleeping involved. They were a little wild with a bunch of screeches tossed in for good measure. They would get kind of quiet and then go off again. There was makeup being applied, karaoke being sung and Guitar Hero being played and I am sure much more. And there were the quiet times when they went to my niece's room and who knows what they were up to. All and all they were a good group of kids. I would not know for the most part however as I disappeared into the computer room/office most of the time. No one needs an Uncle leering around and besides, I think I would be traumatized anyway.

We went up to bed about 11:30 and the girls stayed down stairs watching a movie and being a little rowdy. They could not have been too bad as I did not hear them. Still they did manage to stay up until about 3:00 am.

The next morning was fun as one of them had to be up and out by 8:00 am so everyone was up. I was rather amused when I saw the gang. There was one in particular that looked dead to the world. She looked like she needed coffee bad. I had her pegged as one of the not trouble makers but certainly a night person that is kind of a catalyst or something.. She was NO morning person. It turned out one girls was missing, my niece. Talk about not being a morning person. They finally dragged her out of bed and the day was underway. The little brats eat all the bacon but oh well. Anyway their parents came and picked them up and we were able to get under way.

The first activity was a bust but then we went and bought my niece her camera and supplies. It was one of the big items she wanted, that and a bicycle.

After a quick lunch I headed home because, stupid me, I forgot my medication. But that gave me an excuse to stop past Tim Horton's and get a coffee and a Walnut Crunch. Now that was very yummy G-man but I think I will stick with Tim Bits, only sneaking a crunch in every now and then since it is easier for a diabetic. Of course I should not have any. The coffee was great as I drank it all the way home and back, about a 3 hour trip, very enjoyable.

I did have a little excitement on the way to my house. The boys in blue were on the side of the road and popped out into traffic. I thought oh great, I do not think I was going all that fast but who knows. Anyway instead he decided to give a real nice welcome to the state of Michigan to the Ohio car the next lane over. I bet he could have done without the welcome as I know I did not feel the need for love.

At home I decided to look for a CD to head back down with and I found something TC suggested I get. The DVD Chicago and Earth Wind and Fire at the Greek Theater. It also contained a CD. I listed to that on the way down. It was about time, I only got that over a year ago. Oh Top Cat, I loved it. I think I need to get some Earth Wind and Fire now. (I used Musicmatch Jukebox and listened to a lot of EWF tonight and now I know I need some of their music) This sure made my trip back to my Sisters easier. That and the Ice Cappuccino at Tim Horton's on the return trip. OMG Crabby, I am in love. I am so happy there are no Tim Horton's near my house however. I so could get addicted to those.

Sunday highlight, other than looking for hidden Easter eggs, was getting together for my nieces birthday and Easter. Unfortunately my Sisters MIL was not feeling well and lay down and did not call. That got everyone worried and finally a road trip was in order. Since she was not feeling well she did not show up but it still cut the day short. I so pigged out, shame on me. I ended up sticking around a little before heading out and, other than a drunk or a very tired person it was uneventful. That is most of the weekend. I hope you had a great weekend yourself.


It's coffee time! Coffee, coffee, coffee, coffee, coffee, coffee! Cappuccino, java, YES! –Dante’s Peek
21 Comments:
Blogger GAB said...

OMG I love those frozen coffee's. Daughter got me hooked on one it has carmel and whipped cream and who knows what else YUM. Cappuccino's my sister got me hooked on and now you know why Im having trouble losing weight!

April 09, 2007 10:30 PM  
Blogger barman said...

You know they have two kinds at Tim Horton's. Once was Chocolate Mint which was the one I had. I saved the other one for later because I thought it would be the better of the two. The other one if Butter Caramel. I can't wait to try that. It will be good ood ood!!!!

April 09, 2007 10:35 PM  
Blogger javajazz said...

mmmmm, coffee!!!
(i have been known to drink
coffee even very late at night
just before going to sleep!)
still want to find out if there
are lots of Tim Hortons in the
states, or only just a few...

April 10, 2007 1:24 AM  
Blogger barman said...

JJ, I found the answer. This is from their WEB site:

In addition to our regular stand alone stores, Tim Hortons locations can also be found in shopping malls, highway outlets, universities and hospitals, providing prominent visibility for the chain. Most standard Tim Hortons locations offer 24-hour drive-thru service, catering to consumers on the go. Combo unit locations, which house both a Tim Hortons and Wendy’s, offer customers the convenience of both restaurants under one roof.

In 1995, Tim Hortons merged with Wendy’s International, Inc., giving new focus and impetus to the expansion of the Tim Hortons concept in the United States. Tim Hortons locations can presently be found in Michigan, Maine, Connecticut, Ohio, West Virginia, Kentucky, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Massachusetts and New York, with responsible expansion continuing in these core markets. The Canadian operation is 95% franchise owned and operated, and plans in the U.S. call for the same key strategy to be implemented as expansion progresses. Currently, there are more than 2,637 stores across Canada, and over 300 locations in the United States.

April 10, 2007 6:43 AM  
Blogger Just Jan said...

sure sounds like you had a very busy weekend. Don't you just hate when you drive by the cops and they pull out...knowing you didn't do a thing...hehehehe. We had a good Easter weekend.

April 10, 2007 7:46 AM  
Blogger Just Jan said...

sure sounds like you had a very busy weekend. Don't you just hate when you drive by the cops and they pull out...knowing you didn't do a thing...hehehehe. We had a good Easter weekend.

April 10, 2007 7:46 AM  
Blogger G-Man said...

Hey!!
Tim Horton's should put me on their payroll!!
Bryan, I'm so glad that you have discovered the joy of my favorite cup of Joe!!
I hope your nieces know what a wonderful man their uncle is..
We all know it....Galen

April 10, 2007 9:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

see I told you you should've had a couple of beers then you would've been primed for the craziness at the house.lol

Oh that's a great DVD. I always liked EWF but to watch them play and hear them live is awesome. They just ignite the crowd with their fun music.
Glad you liked it.
tc

April 10, 2007 12:24 PM  
Blogger barman said...

Jan I always feel guilty even if I was not doing anything. It was busy but nice too.

Ye g-man, I think they owe you at least ... oh heck, just make it free coffee from now on and call it even. She does appreciate it and what a good feeling.

Yea silly, silly me TC. Of course if it lead to me doing kaerokea with them that would be a very bad thing. I love EWF now. I missed out on so much.

April 10, 2007 12:53 PM  
Blogger Crabby said...

I KNEW you'd love the ice cap. That's what happened to my butt. I get them with 2% milk instead of the full cream now so it's almost half the calories but Horton's is only 3 minutes from my house. Makes it hard to say no. LOL!

April 10, 2007 5:20 PM  
Blogger Manny said...

I am going to have to get one of them there ice caps. Thanks crab for the 2% fyi.

I want a mushroom swiss cheese burger.

April 10, 2007 7:24 PM  
Blogger MilkMaid said...

What a fun road trip!

April 10, 2007 9:25 PM  
Blogger javajazz said...

shoot! i knew i forgot to respond to you today Barman! sorry! i got messed up this morn when Bully Blogger finally forced me to switch...i'm surprised they didnt send a representative to my front door and start removing body parts...sheesh...they wear you down and now, now they know everything about me! all two sentences worth...

anyway, i started to write you this morn and then it wouldnt send and blah blah blah and i wanted to say thank you for doing such beautiful Barman research on Timmy's...you're a sweetie, you always go out of your way, that little extra mile to do considerate fun things for others...thank you! i googled Tims in the states too the other day, but didnt find much solid info like you did...i was under the impression there were just a few, the way the Bruboys (my son's bandmates) went on about it...heck they couldnt even make it from the airport to my house without having lunch and coffee at Tims when they were in toronto, so i was under the impression they thought it was a rare Canadianism (as if we'd ever have ANYTHING that wasnt already in the States!!) heck, i remember when i was a kid and we'd watch saturday morning cartoons and my sisters and i would see some cool new barbie doll or whatever, and we'd always say, darn, its only available in "The States" which seemed so terribly out of reach!

anyhoo, so sounds like lots of franchises already there, and predominantly in the north eastern US...we also have some coupled with Wendy's here in canada too...i also used to be a big Wendy's fan, in fact, i liked the taste of their food more in the states than the canadian ones for some odd reason...maybe they put more LSD in the baked potatoes or somethin'...

thanks for the info, Barniceperson!
(Barhawk!! you never liked that brilliant name...that was so last month!!) xo

April 11, 2007 12:26 AM  
Blogger wmy said...

Isn't is funny how a couple of beers can make almost anything taste better? lol

April 11, 2007 3:26 AM  
Blogger tkkerouac said...

Be careful now Barman, those Ice caps are addicting!
I'm trying to figure it out, you are a Canadian living in the states, so where does Tim Hortons fit in?

April 11, 2007 9:57 AM  
Blogger barman said...

Crabs, thank goodness the nearest Horton's is something like 20 miles away from me otherwise I think I would be in trouble. Of course the nearest Wendy's is within a few miles. That could be a problem if the move in with them. I LOVE those ice caps.

Manny I love mushroom swiss cheese burger. Do they have those too? If they do I think I best move further was or I will live at a Horton's when it comes to town. Not good.

Milkmaid, the road trip would have been even nicer if the weather was a little warmer and I still had my Laser with t-tops. I may not have come back.

April 11, 2007 11:00 AM  
Blogger barman said...

JJ, glad I could be of service. I love to do things for people, I guess that is just part of what I am. Besides I was curious myself.

Don't get me started on blogger. The last few days it has been strange and then the blogrolling (not blogger) thing kept the pages from building. It has been strange for sure. I tried to switch several times to the new blogger and was always told there were problems. Then one day it said we are switching you, what if your Goggle ID and it was done. I had a few weeks of bumps but I managed to get through it. I hope your bumps get smoothed out too, blogger bumps that is.

I think what happens is people that go to Horton's get hooked on them and are very loyal. So far everything I have had there has been super. Add to that 24 hour access and it is wonderful. Still Horton's is not everywhere. Here in Michigan it is on the East side of the state and not the west side I believe. I live in the middle and hence no Hortons near by. But I could see myself getting hooked if they ever do move into my neighborhood.

April 11, 2007 11:08 AM  
Blogger barman said...

Wendy beer sure does go well with things like lets say ball park hotdogs, Hockey, pizza... now I am thirsty. Tomorrow is Thirsday Thursday at the ballpark near my house. I wonder if the team is in town...

TK, I am only an Honorary Canadian, not actually from Canada at all. I have visited enough but never lived there. Tim Horton's is just something that G-man and Crabbs have mentioned on more than one occasion and they are slowly getting me hooked on it. There are a handfull of Horton's that came about in the area I grew up after I left. They are not here where I live now but I am sure they will get here soon enough.

April 11, 2007 11:16 AM  
Blogger SignGurl said...

MMmmmmmmm......Cheeseburger In Paradise!!!! Now I'm hungry.

Sounds like a great weekend! Seeing TC again had to be a blast.

I saw the picture of the beer you gave him. You are so creative!

April 11, 2007 6:54 PM  
Blogger CozyMama said...

dropping in to say hi.

April 11, 2007 11:05 PM  
Blogger javajazz said...

hey mr B, honourary canadian!
that was sure nice what you boys did for Jenn...looks like you just cant help doing nice things for people!
what a lovely and rare quality in this world to think of others with such kindness and generosity, and you seem to do it with much style, B-man!
you Michigan boys are quite the little trio, it makes me giggle just to think of the 3 different personality types all together at once! that's B-man, G-man and TC-man!

Detroit...hmm, the one guy whose band i often play in, grew up in Windsor, and when he was younger instead of new age music he had a rock/fusion band and they used to open for some bigger named rock bands in detroit...Gary's around 56 now, but wouldnt it be weird if somebody actually knew him?...but its funny, all this connection to Michigan folks...you say you feel like an honourary canadian...i used to feel like i identified with being a new yorker a lot, just felt comfy and normal there, not so much a fish out of water...my grandpa who i never met was a real new yorker...and i am a dual citizen of canada and the US, cuz my mom was a citizen of US cuz of her daddy...
and now my son has lived in the states for 2 years and calls that home! odd how things end up...

ps could be a blessing in disguise that there are no Tims nearby...that place is addicting! just like i'm glad there are no Quizno's near my house...i could live on Quizno's forever...!

later, B-man, and thank you again for being a nice thoughtful giving person! you guys make the world a better place, thats for sure!
xo lisa

April 12, 2007 5:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home