Bryan's Little Corner

Welcome to Bryan's Little Corner 

Monday, August 06, 2007

What About Bob?

This one is for Bob. The beginning of the year I decided to play with the depth of field just a little. First here is a picture of the toothpicks I set up for this.


Next we have a couple of close up pictures that show how shallow the depth of field actually can be. I was surprised that in the space of the length of a toothpick it could already start to blur and blur so much. Amazing what happens with a good size zoom lens.




Here looking almost straight on you can see it is focused up front and oh so blurred in the back and a toothpick is what, 2 to 3 inches long? You can not even make out the toothpicks in the back.


Moving on, over the weekend I decided to do a little yard work. One of the things I did was cut my lawn, or I mean weeds. It had been probably a month since I cut it. I decided to bag the "grass" so that I would allow the least amount of weeds to mix back into the lawn. I ended up with a bunch of weeds, some grass and some dirt. It is amazing that I would get dirt but it was that dry. Now for the fun. When I went inside I ended up clearing my lungs a little and I brought up black stuff. My gosh, I was breathing in the dirt and look at what happened. Now I am thinking of wearing a mask as long as it so dry. That just has to be bad to breath in.

Oh also while cutting the lawn (and it was in the morning) I took a break. I sat down and just cooled off a little. I looked over the next few yards and I could not believe what I saw. I saw heat lines, you know where things are all squiggly kind of like they are going into a dream sequence. Actually you usually see this over blacktop or the road ahead of you while you are driving. Usually it is very hot out but I swear it was not much more than 80. I had no idea the earth would do that and do it so soon. I think our backyards got turned into blacktop when I was not looking.

I decided to take a break at one point over the weekend and went to see Hairspray. I kind of had no choice as I usually go to a little home town movie house that only shows one show a week (hey the town only has about 6,000 people, it is amazing they have a movie house).

Anyway the first time I saw Edna I thought hey, something is not right. The face did not move right at all. I mean a heavy persons face is different but not that different. And the eyes just somehow did not look like a woman.

I kept watching thinking I knew who it was then it hit me, John Travolta. Then I was amused as they tossed in little things like his dance move from, was it Pulp Fiction? And a few things he said. Over all I love musicals but I was not really planning on seeing it. In the end I enjoyed it, maybe more for what the movie stood for rather than the musical nature of it. Either way I was entertained for a couple of hours and enjoyed it. But then I can find something good in almost any movie so I would never make a good film critic.

Oh one more thing. Could I be changing? I went to a CiCi's Pizza buffet. I had a piece of several different pizzas and the one that I liked the most was a vegetable lovers pizza. Me, a vegi lover? I like my vegetables but I have always been a meet person. Especially in pizza. Often times I go with supreme. If not then how about pepperoni and mushroom or hamburger and white onion. Oops, there are vegi's sneaking in there. Well at least the other next one was a chicken, cheese, and spices type of pizza and that was pretty tasty too. I still can not bring myself to try the mac and cheese pizza however.

Labels:

17 Comments:
Blogger Little Wing said...

WOW!!!!! Look at me, number one again!!!!!!
I am on a Califonia Roll, BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
First Gman and now you!!!!!
NUMBER ONE RIGHT HERE!!!!!!

August 06, 2007 1:59 AM  
Blogger Little Wing said...

Ok, I got that out of my system, anyway, amazing what a good zoom lens will do!!!!!!!
Actually I am a big fan of veggie pizza, yummy!
LOTS of red onion, and mushrooms and olives!!!!!
But I agree, NO mac and cheese, that's just a rip off!

August 06, 2007 2:02 AM  
Blogger barman said...

Little Wing, you are always number one, even if you did not make it first.

August 06, 2007 2:02 AM  
Blogger Cazzie!!! said...

It must be toothpick month or something, my kids had to do a project with toothpicks for their mathematics class. we all enjoyed it very much

August 06, 2007 7:09 AM  
Blogger barman said...

Cazzie, no favorite pizza combination or anything? That is a cool idea about the toothpicks and math. Sometimes all you need to do is have something that lets you visualize it. Trying to line up 100 sheep is just to hard.

August 06, 2007 7:14 AM  
Blogger lime said...

those dpth of field experiments are prettyfunky. once upon a time i had a reallly nice camera and lens but they grew legs....sigh.

and hey, the vggie pizzas are my faves! green pepper and onions with sundreid tomatoes, amybe some broccli...mmmm. sign me up

August 06, 2007 10:31 AM  
Blogger Cha Cha said...

That pile of toothpicks is turning me on.

Or maybe it's the pizza.

I worked for California Pizza Kitchen for five-and-a-half years. So, I really enjoy interesting pizza combinations... to say the least.

However, I'm that girl who likes extra anchovies on mine.

I'm Italian.

As for vegetables...I was also a vegan for fourteen months. I love vegetables. But, I later realized that I also love my protein and my skim milk just as much. Prior to being vegan I always ordered my meat done medium. And ever since my foray to the dark side...I came back and now I order everything RARE. It's SO much better that way.

And though I do dig on zucchini, I'd have to say that I usually just get mushrooms on my pizza when I do order it with people cos it's hard to find peeps who dig on anchovies.

Or just cheese. Thin crust.

Dammit. Now I'm all hungry. I haven't eaten breakfast yet!

Big Kahuna burger anyone?

Now THAT'S a tasty burger!

August 06, 2007 11:09 AM  
Blogger snowelf said...

Very cool pic effects, Barman!!

I can find something good in every movie too...but sometimes it takes me a little bit. ;)

And I totally miss CiCi's. We had one in St. Louis, but there isn't anything like that here... :(
I wouldn't eat the mac and cheese either. It just sounds icky!! :P

Have a great week!
--snow

August 06, 2007 11:12 AM  
Blogger Little Wing said...

Ahhh Bryan, you are such a sweetheart!

August 06, 2007 1:17 PM  
Blogger Crabby said...

Veggie pizza is excellent. I'm still a green olive and pineapple girl but veggie is good.

Depth of field...is that like when I switch my camera from auto to the setting with the mountains on it? LOL!

August 06, 2007 1:59 PM  
Blogger Brighton said...

Mac and cheese pizza? Blech. I'm a plain ol cheese pizza girl myself.
My Mom saw Hairspray and loved it, she and her friends all dressed 50's to go see it.
Mowing grass? No thanks. Lawn service? Yeah, baby.

August 06, 2007 6:07 PM  
Blogger SignGurl said...

Thank God it finally rained here although it rained all the way home yesterday and we couldn't have the top down on the Vette :(

I'm a meat lover. I rarely order any veggies on the pizza but will once in a while crave olives and onions. Yum! Now I'm starving.

August 06, 2007 8:06 PM  
Blogger Bob said...

Toothpicks are good, but how about pictures of your yard (before and after)? What is it they say about pictures being worth 1K words?

Photography's a great hobby. Nice work. There's no limit to what you can do with a good SLR.

August 06, 2007 8:49 PM  
Blogger GAB said...

with my stomach so bad I eat just about only cheese with an occasional black olive on it and maybe once in awhile I add beef to those two but no more. I cant eat like I used too.

August 07, 2007 12:27 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Sounds like a very busy weekend.

I believe that we are always changing. For example, steak-loving me recently discovered that I have no interest in eating beef.

August 08, 2007 7:05 PM  
Blogger G-Man said...

OK,
Our next lunch meeting between you me and Sign, will be at Ci Ci's!!!
It's Settled!!!
Galen

August 09, 2007 10:01 PM  
Blogger Rick Rockhill said...

you did a really good job with this. I love stuff like this. great on the eyes and good for the ole brain too

August 11, 2007 11:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home