Bryan's Little Corner

Welcome to Bryan's Little Corner 

Friday, February 27, 2009

55Flash Fiction Friday

It was a dark and stormy night
The sky was filled with
mother natures fireworks.

Suddenly a clap of thunder was heard
and the large maple tree
comes crashing through the ceiling.

You were pinned, life threatened
but it was your best day of your life
for today your met your future mate,
the paramedic.




The above is a Flash Fiction. It contains 55 word as they all do. Why don't you give it a go. It actually can be fun. Just write a little mini story in 55 words. Include a plot and a character and there you have it. Once you are done and posted go visit G-Man and tell him you posted a 55 flash fiction. He will be sure to stop by as will others. Go visit their 55s and enjoy all the wonderfully talented people we have out there. I hope you join us.


I had the strangest thing happen this morning. I think I lost an entire week, or was that I gained a weekend?

Works continues to be challenging and kind of draining. When I get home I tend to do very little and time just seems to be flying by as a result. When my alarm went off this morning I thought it was Monday morning. I quickly thought I could not even remember what I did over the weekend and thought there went another wasted weekend. Then the guy doing the news said it was Friday and I thought I can not believe he made a mistake like that. It was then that it dawned on me that it actually was Friday and a weekend was almost here.

Looks like a whole lot of thinking going on in a short period of time with no coffee and a brain that obviously was still asleep. I sure hope the day goes uphill from here. Either was it is almost the WEEKEND and ... AND March is just around the corner. You know what that means? Only about 3 weeks from spring and lately the weather has started to feel like spring. I am sure we will get a ton of snow yet but somehow I can make it knowing there is an end in sight.

So have a wonderful weekend, I know I will. I get a bonus weekend... YEA.

Labels:

11 Comments:
Blogger lime said...

gotta love a bonus weekend!

February 27, 2009 10:17 AM  
Blogger Reverend Michael Kilgore said...

I've lost a few weekends in my day...I could use an extra one! Nice 55-clouds and silver linings, eh?

February 27, 2009 10:34 AM  
Blogger S said...

Well im sure you were thrilled when you realized it was Friday!

Have a great weekend.

February 27, 2009 11:07 AM  
Blogger g-man said...

Hey Bryan...
Loved the 55 this week!!!
Or is it this week?
hahahaha...
Anyway, Thanks for visiting and playing, and watch out for those lost week-ends....G

February 27, 2009 11:21 AM  
Blogger Breazy said...

I get my days mixed up a lot, that is what happens when you don't get a lot of time to stop and smell the roses, or coffee...which ever you prefer!

Great 55 and fitting for our weather today here in East Tennessee, we have thunderstorms on the way then a cold front! Have a great weekend even though you thought you already had a weekend.

:)

February 27, 2009 5:19 PM  
Blogger Mary said...

I'm a sucker for a romantic situation. Great 55!

Enjoy your bonus weekend.

February 27, 2009 6:11 PM  
Blogger Mary said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

February 27, 2009 6:11 PM  
Blogger Pam said...

w00t! bonus wknd :)

great job on the 55...wow, meeting your mate whilst pinned under a tree. they were almost dying to meet, eh? haha jk bad joke ;-)

February 27, 2009 6:53 PM  
Blogger Eaton Bennett aka Berenice Albrecht said...

I enjoyed that little romance very much! Always a sucker for a love story. :)

Passionate Fiction

February 27, 2009 8:42 PM  
Blogger S said...

I've just found out that while I was in India there was a gnarly storm here and a woman that went walking was crushed to death by a falling tree.
Her husband went out looking for her and found her under the tree, dead.
How horrible.

:(

March 03, 2009 5:52 PM  
Blogger S said...

Are you out there?

March 18, 2009 11:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home