Bryan's Little Corner

Welcome to Bryan's Little Corner 

Friday, March 20, 2009

55Flash Fiction Friday

I peek
I poke
I find my way to the top

I yawn
I stretch
I reach for the sky

I have been asleep
for a very long time
but now I am awake
and raring to go

Soon I will be
strong and tall

Spring has sprung
and the flowers
are on their way


Today at 7:44 am EDT spring has arrived. Happy spring everyone. This particular 55 was inspired by my flower beds. I noticed last Friday I had several things poking out of the earth. By Sunday I actually had a few things sticking out almost a full inch. It would appear my tulips are raring to get out and say high. I can not wait. I just hope the weather does not get to them. I mean this morning it has been 17 F which is well below freezing. Poor flowers.

If you would like to participate in 55Flash Fiction Friday just put together a short story in 55 words. Then go over to G-Mans place and let him know you played so he can bring everyone over to come see. Then go visit some of your fellow 55 writers. It is all fun. Do give it a try.

Labels:

8 Comments:
Blogger S said...

I remember how hard you worked getting in your bulbs....are you gonna show us some pics when they bloom?

Susie

March 20, 2009 11:17 AM  
Blogger Pam said...

i'm not much of a gardener...o.k. i'm not one at all lol but spring is just lovely. i do like seeing all the pretty flowers, i just don't like my allergies lol loved the 55.

March 20, 2009 12:48 PM  
Blogger G-Man said...

A very Vernal 55 Bryan!!!
I hope everything is all-right, you haven't been around much.
But all in all, thanks for remembering.
This was an excellent 55!!
Thanks for visiting, thanks for playing, and have a GREAT Week-End.
Galen

March 20, 2009 4:54 PM  
Blogger barman said...

Susie I will probably post pictures of the few plants poling thtough. Then it will be a while but when I have something worth showing I promise to share. I am excited.

Luckily Ciara I only have mild alergie reactions. I am not much of a gardner but I notice these things almost seem to take care of themselves. We will see how they turn out. I just need to try and keep them watered. I do love all the lovely greenery and flowers in the spring.

You have a great weekend too G, thanks for visiting. Work has been keeping me busy and concerned sometimes as we do not know what is going on with our jobs yet. Somehow that is zapping some of my time. Add in a few trips to Detroit and a St Pats parade and ... well I guess I just kind of found it conveineint not posting. I missed everyone to much however and have to come back.

Have a great weekend with the nice weather.

March 20, 2009 5:20 PM  
Blogger Mona said...

How sweet is that! Yes Spring is all abloom here in California these days & I see loads of flowers and oranges everywhere!

March 20, 2009 8:37 PM  
Blogger Head Cookie said...

This puts a spring in your step thinking of the great weather and pretty flowers. Happy Spring to you!!!

March 22, 2009 5:38 PM  
Blogger Breazy said...

sorry I am late getting over here Bryan. This is a great 55 and I too can't wait for the warm weather to arrive and stay.

Have a great week!

March 23, 2009 9:14 PM  
Blogger lime said...

a belated happy 55. that's a terrific green arrangement of it all.

March 25, 2009 1:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home