Bryan's Little Corner

Welcome to Bryan's Little Corner 

Monday, April 16, 2007

25 ot 6 to 4

Waiting for the break of day
Searching for something to say
Flashing lights against the sky
Giving up I close my eyes

Sitting cross-legged on the floor
Twenty five or six to four

Starin' blindly into space
Getting up to splash my face
Wanting just to stay awake
Wonderin' how much I can take

Should I try to do some more
Twenty five or six to four

Feeling like I ought to sleep
Spinning room is sinking deep
Searching for something to say
Waiting for the break of day

Twenty five or six to four
Twenty five or six to four



Boy I guess I should not have did that late night exercise. No matter what I try I just can not get to sleep. I went to bed a long time ago but have not managed to fall asleep yet. What can we do?

Let’s count sheep.


Nope, not working.

Let’s watch some TV and see if that can get me sleepy.


Not happening.

How about some Hot Chocolate (you know, warm milk and all)


Nada.

Well back to bed. I guess if I can not get any sleep, at least I will be able to get some rest. I bet I will fall asleep 30 minutes before I will have to get up.

25 or 6 to 4...




ELO
One of my favorite groups

Mr Blue Sky
Don't Bring Me Down

Evil Woman

Telephone Line
Last Train to London
Strange Magic

Sweet Talkin' Woman
Turn to Stone
Can't Get You Out Of My Head
Fire on High

Livin' Thing
Hold on Tight
Confusion
Roll Over Beethoven

Ma-Ma-Ma-Belle






This totally adds to my 'old people are crazy' theorem. –Buffy the Vampire Slayer

Labels:

15 Comments:
Blogger Brighton said...

Loved ELO in the 80's, and I can't sleep either!!

April 16, 2007 4:59 AM  
Blogger KJ said...

Time to get up

when this happens to me, I usually fall asleep right before the alarm goes off

April 16, 2007 6:37 AM  
Blogger barman said...

Brighton, isn't it the worst? You want to sleep but no matter if you lay there or get up and do something, NO SLEEP FOR YOU.

Kristen that is exactly what happened. About an hour to an hour and a half before the alarm went off I fell a sleep. I should know the drill by now.

April 16, 2007 7:43 AM  
Blogger Denny Shane said...

If you haven't read my blog yet, you know that Nyquil cures all! lol

April 16, 2007 8:46 AM  
Blogger Just Jan said...

I hate it when I can't sleep at night. I've been back to sleeping off and on again and only getting maybe 4.5 hours a sleep but it's that interrupted sleep so I never feel rested. I hope you don't try Dennyy's NyQuil trick..I just chewed him out for that (in a nice way).

April 16, 2007 9:17 AM  
Blogger Mona said...

Barman barman, are you okay?
I am anxious!
Have you tried reading Economics?
Have you tried reading history of english literature?
They are a great help for insomnia!

April 16, 2007 10:15 AM  
Blogger barman said...

Nyqil worked for me before but then I think it kind of stopped. Oh well I have some drugs from the doctors office today. So between that and som cough medicine I think I should be in better shape tonight. That and no late night exercise.

Jan I know what you mean about broken sleep. It seems like you are almost more tired then you where when you tried to go to sleep.

Mona I will be fine. That is the first day I had problems sleeping in a while. I will be making adjustments and taking medications so I am expecting I will do better tonight. I have some real big computer books that could probably cause me to get sleepy. I will bring them out if need be tonight. Thanks for the advice.

April 16, 2007 2:43 PM  
Blogger jillie said...

Some hot cocoa would be GREAT right now and the mini marshmallows too.

Jeff Lynn (ELO) is such a fantastic musician. Lots of talent in that man.

April 16, 2007 3:50 PM  
Blogger Suze said...

Bryan, you need to try some herbal sleeping tablets. I use them when I can't sleep sometimes and they do the trick.

I hope you get back in to your normal sleep pattern soon.

April 16, 2007 4:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love this post and the pictures you put up with it.
I'm a big ELO fan too.
tc

April 16, 2007 7:55 PM  
Blogger G-Man said...

You could have been BLOGGING!!
Now it's too late..

April 17, 2007 7:29 AM  
Blogger Crabby said...

OH boy. So how much sleep did you finally get? I hate it when this happens. My mind spins like a caffeinated hamster on a wheel.

April 17, 2007 9:14 AM  
Blogger jillie said...

You know nothing sucks more than insomnia...and when you fall asleep...into that deep beautiful peaceful slumber and then 30 min later....DING DING DING is that annoying sound of the alarm. UGH....

The more I try to shut my brain down the more it runs. Yeah, I know barman, funny funny funny....I really do think sometimes. Just not too often.

April 17, 2007 3:41 PM  
Blogger tkkerouac said...

I hate when that happens so I stopped exercising so close to bed and get up and make hot milk.

April 17, 2007 6:00 PM  
Blogger SignGurl said...

You could have the opposite problem. I've been sleeping 14 hours a night lately. A total waste of time.

I thought of another Brothers Johnson....I'll Be Good To You. I can send it to you.

April 17, 2007 8:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home